Job Title: Nutrition Advisor
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Community Mobilization & Accountability Advisor
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
About USAID Project:
World Vision is currently recruiting for the following positions for a five-year, USAID program. The program is expected to support the delivery of integrated services and health system strengthening in 23 districts in Eastern Uganda with an estimated total population of 5.3 million people. Key aims of the Project include increased availability of health services, increased accessibility to health services, improved quality of health services, enhanced enabling environment for health care delivery and increased health seeking behavior and practices supported by district-led health system strengthening interventions.
Job Summary: The Nutrition Advisor will manage the implementation of the facility and community based nutrition within selected districts. The Nutrition Advisor will work in close collaboration with local government as well as program technical and administrative staff to ensure that technical approaches for scaling up nutrition services build on in-country capacity to ensure sustainability of services. The Nutrition Advisor also directs all nutrition and quality improvement technical assistance to project staff, implementing partners, districts, health facilities and other relevant stakeholders
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Offer technical leadership at the district level to assist the districts and the program technical teams in developing an approach to guide the implementation of nutrition interventions
· The incumbent will build and sustain relevant partner relationships, including with technical institutions working in nutrition.
· Significantly contribute to the development of technical resource materials, including guidelines, training manuals, curricula and job aids, as necessary.
· Work closely with the Community Mobilization & Accountability Advisor in planning, implementing and monitoring of nutrition activities in behaviour change communication, community mobilization and advocacy efforts.
· Work closely with the Strategic Information team to monitor performance against set indicators and document best practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Nutrition Advisor employee should hold a Masters’ degree in Human Nutrition; Public Health Nutrition or closely related fields.
· At least five years of proven experience in implementing community and facility based maternal and child health nutrition, HIV and AIDS, or other health-related work required.
· Previous exposure and experience working in health and nutrition quality improvement programs including NACS and MIYCF. The candidate will also have excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills (in English).
· Demonstrated ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools and effectively communicate these using print, electronic, and presentation media.
· Past experience working across multiple sub-agreements and partners; ability to work well with people at all levels.
· The applicant must be authorized to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline