Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Food for the Hungry (FH)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Food for the Hungry (FH) is a Christian international relief and development organization that has been working in Uganda since 1989. FH’s primary goal is to respond to development needs and complex humanitarian emergencies. FH is currently operating programs in more than 26 countries and has national offices in the UK, Canada, Switzerland, Korea, United States of America and Japan. In Uganda, FH is operational in the communities of Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Agago, Kole, Kween, Mbale, and Mukono Districts implementing programs in four main sectors of Education; Food Security and livelihoods; Health/Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction; with the Head office located it Kampala.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Officer spearheads the monitoring and evaluation process in the project, ensuring proper data collection for log frame indicators, monitoring all project activities and evaluation of progress towards achievement of results, and analysis of results for recommendations and decision making.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation System:
· The incumbent designs the monitoring and evaluation system considering the C-RCT requirements of the project
· Take lead in the implementation of the Monitoring and Evaluation system
· Designs data collection instruments used for monitoring, reporting and evaluation according to agreed guidelines
Data Collection and Analysis:
· Carry out qualitative and quantitative data collection including baselines, reviews and QIVC (Quality Improvement Verification Checklist)
· Coordinate data collection teams and provides the necessary training and coaching for successful implementation of data collection exercises
· Consolidate and analyze project data and provide comprehensive reports of data collection exercises
· Work in liaison with the M&E Coordinator and Project Manager, interpret results and make recommendations for decision making
Program Monitoring and Report Writing:
· Prepare regular monitoring reports including data and process results. Prepare project evaluation reports and year-end statistics for the annual report
· Compile monthly project report from field-level submissions and send to Project Coordinator
· Keenly monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs, and project indicators
· Prepare communications items with useful information on project statistics and other useful documents necessary such as beneficiary data base, fact sheets
· Mentor and train project staff and teams in the use of M&E tools required for their roles
· During field visits conduct quality spot checks to project sites to evaluate adherence to project standards and visually verify information reported through the normal reporting systems
· Support FH Uganda staff in the strategic use of data and information so as to improve the implementation the project
· Actively participate in Monitoring and Evaluation related meetings within and outside the project area that will help improve the Monitoring and Evaluation framework of FH Uganda
· Support the Project Coordinator with decision-making on resource allocation based on project priorities and performance
· Perform other duties assigned by the Project Coordinator regarding Monitoring and Evaluation as necessary
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Food for the Hungry (FH) Monitoring & Evaluation Officer job opportunity must hold a College/university degree in Monitoring and Evaluation studies, social sciences, demography, development planning, mathematics, statistics, health & nutrition or similar field
· Possession of a post graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage
· At least four years or more experience working in monitoring & evaluation of development programs preferred.
· Previous exposure and experience in working with development fields such as health and nutrition or child survival programming is a plus.
· Prior exposure and experience implementing formative research methodologies including barrier analysis
· Proven monitoring and evaluation skills in randomized controlled trials
· Proficiency in creating data entry templates and conducting analysis in Epi-Info, MS Access, SPSS, or other statistical analysis software.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficient in MS Office, with strong skills in MS Excel, MS Access, MS word, Power point & e-mail.
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks according to deadlines, deadlines, and reporting requirements
· High level integrity and initiative taking and positive attitude towards learning and sharing.
· Working knowledge of budget management
· Develops and maintains good working relationships between fields, national affiliate and donors
· Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes. Complies to all finance, personnel, procurement and administrative policies of FH
· Ability to work in field conditions. Interest and ability to travel to program areas, sensitivity to gender and ethnic minority issues, commitment and courage to stand by poor and disadvantaged people
· Must have team building skills, personnel management and supervisory skills.
· Understand, respect and practice the set of FH Foundational Principles: Vision, Mission, and Values,, including mutual respect; equity and justice; honesty and transparency; solidarity with poor and marginalized people, courage of conviction; happiness; humility and Christianity.
· Vibrant personal relationship with Christ.
· Language Skills: Proficiency in spoken and written English is essential. Local language (Luo/Acholi) strongly preferred
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV and cover letter with three work-related referees including the most recent or current employer to the address or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd December 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline