Job Title: Marketing Manager – HOTEL
Organization: IMK Business Consultants (IMK)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
IMK Business Consultants (IMK) is a Business management consulting firm offering practical and feasible business solutions. IMK operates regionally in four East African countries namely; Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya and Rwanda; with other occasional consultancies made world over to our clients in Europe and other parts of the world. Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for and supply of Talent, HR and Business development services by ensuring quality work to our clients and having experienced competent professionals with the best practical tailor made solutions/training skills to our important asset-THE CLIENT.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Developing programs to increase occupancy and make profitable use of its accommodation, meeting and leisure facilities.
· Maintain awareness of the factors that influence the hotel industry and gain a deep understanding of the needs and attitudes of a hotel’s customers.
· Coordinating marketing and promotional activities to meet customer needs, working closely with other hotel staff to ensure customers are satisfied with the facilities and their time there.
· Provide strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
· Establishes sales objectives
· Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
· Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
· Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
· Maintains sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
· Maintains sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related fields
· At least FIVE years’ experience in sales and marketing.
· Communication proficiency.
· Customer/Client Focus.
· Good leadership skills
· Good presentation skills.
· Good problem solving/analytical skills.
· Results Driven.
· Strategic Thinking.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their personal suitability statement, copies of academic transcripts/certificates and a detailed CV to: The Recruitment Manager, IMK Business Consultants, P.O. Box 35090 Kampala, Uganda or via email to email@example.com and copy: firstname.lastname@example.org Please specify the position title as subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 4th November, 2016
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date will only be considered for future related jobs openings.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline