Job Title: Manager, Corporate Planning
Organisation: Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Financial Services
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999 (Chapter 145, Laws of Uganda). The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import-and Distribution of electrical energy in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Manager, Corporate Planning will play a leading role in the translation of ERA’s vision and mission drawn from its mandate and statutory functions, into strategies and priority actions to be implemented in the medium to long term in fulfilment of the expectations and aspirations of all the industry stakeholders. The incumbent will coordinate preparation of the Authority's Strategic and Business plans. The jobholder will also regularly monitor and evaluate ERA’s performance, coordinate regional activities and support the Chief Executive Office in preparation of technical papers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop and review ERA’s Strategic and Business plans.
· Develop, review and enforce compliance with internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Establish the institutional framework for monitoring and evaluation of the Authority’s Strategic and Business Plans.
· The incumbent will set appropriate Key Performance Indicators at departmental and institutional level to track key performance areas of the Authority.
· Perform a function of Secretary to Management meetings.
· Prepare and publish the Authority’s performance reports.
· Prepare technical presentations, papers and reports for the Chief Executive Officer.
· Coordinate activities of Regional Regulatory Associations.
· Supervise, appraise, mentor, develop and train staff in the unit.
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director, Financial Services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) Manager, Corporate Planning job opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in Economics, Finance or Business Administration.
· An Honour’s degree (Upper Second class) in Engineering, Economics, Commerce, Finance, or Business Administration.
· At least eight years relevant working experience.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Electricity Supply Industry in Uganda and developing countries in general.
· Significant experience in strategy formulation and execution and knowledge of the balanced score card.
· The candidate must attach evidence to support each of the above.
· Be result-oriented.
· Be a team player with a high degree of professionalism.
· Posses excellent communication skills.
· Good writing skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Have proficiency in relevant computer packages.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Good leadership skills.
· Age: Between 32 - 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters and enclose copies of: Detailed Curriculum Vitae (indicating daytime telephone number (s), fax or email address of the applicant and daytime telephone numbers, fax or email addresses of three Referees) and relevant transcripts and certificates. The applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
The Manager, Human Resources & Administration,
Electricity Regulatory Authority,
Plot 15, Shimoni Road,
P. O. Box 10332, Kampala - Uganda
Deadline: 18th November, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline