Job Title: Internal Auditor
Organization: Mildmay Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Mildmay Uganda is a faith- based local Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) offering Comprehensive HIV Care & treatment, Training, Research & General Medical Services; also providing Health Systems Strengthening to scale up comprehensive HIV/AIDS Services in 16 districts of Central Uganda.
Job Summary: The Internal Auditor will support the Internal Audit function in ensuring an independent systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards designed to add value and improve operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Undertake internal audit assignments to ensure reasonable assurance in compliance with donor requirements, internal controls and corporate governance.
· Support the IAM and management in the identification and effective management of Mildmay Uganda’s organizational risks in order to maximum achievement of organizational objectives
· Support the IAM in the preparation of information for the Quarterly Audit Committee Meetings
· Regularly monitor funds advanced to all sub grantees to ensure that they are utilised efficiently and that there is value for money and accountability is appropriately provided.
· Actively participate in the review of all MUg policies and procedures to ensure that they are updated and ratified for harmony and systematic implementation of MUg operations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should hold a first degree preferably in B.Com (Accounting/BBA (Accounting)/ Business Management/ /Finance/Economics/Statistics.
· Level II professional qualifications of ACCA, CPA or CIA.
· CISA/CFE professional qualifications & Certificate in risk-based auditing will be an added advantage.
· Hold a valid membership with a professional body.
· At least three years of external or internal audit experience in a reputable organisation.
· Working knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods
· Working knowledge of computerized accounting and auditing systems
· Good interviewing skills
· Good investigative skills
· Excellent report writing skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Good Interpersonal skills – tactful in dealing with people
· Good analytical skills
· Good negotiation skills
· The applicant must also be flexible, reliable, and in sympathy with the Christian values of Mildmay Uganda.
· Evidence of a non-judgemental approach regarding race, religion, culture, sexuality and lifestyle is critical.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their interest to The Human Resource Manager at Mildmay Uganda, Entebbe Road, Lweza, Kampala, Uganda at firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the subject of the email, the position applied for or through P.O. Box 24985, Kampala. Certified copies of academic transcripts, a full CV indicating current salary and other benefits should be provided, and two professional referees (one of whom should be a former employer).
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline