Job Title: Humanitarian Programme Officer
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Report to: Head of Programmes
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish INGO working closely with church-based as well as secular NGOs in Uganda and in the Great Lakes region. Their programmes cover two main areas: Active Citizenship with a strong focus on good governance and democratization, and Food Security including Humanitarian and Transitional Responses to conflict and natural disaster. DanChurchAid has supported emergency relief and development programmes in Uganda since 1979. DanChurchAid works through partners and with a gender-inclusive rights-based approach, which is mainstreamed throughout all DanChurchAid programme types as well as within the organization.
Job Summary: The Humanitarian Programme Officer will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of high quality and timely humanitarian response activities in close cooperation with DCA humanitarian project team and NGO partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of monitoring, reporting and documenting project results including lessons learnt
· Ensuring close cooperation and exchange of information within DCA and the ACT Alliance, inclusive participation in cluster/sector meetings and collaboration on appeals and other joint humanitarian responses
· Assisting in project and proposal development, as well as preparation and implementation of reviews and evaluations of humanitarian projects
· In charge of grants management including financial project budget monitoring and accountability
· Responsible for capacity building and work with DCA staff and partners including ACT members
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a university degree in humanitarian response or other related discipline.
· At least five years’ experience from a similar position in emergency and humanitarian response work
· Extensive experience with grant management
· Broad knowledge of Sphere Standards and Core Humanitarian Standards (previous HAP)
· Work experience from cash transfer programming and mobile monitoring technology is an advantage
· Previous experience with mainstreaming protection, gender equality, and applying rights-based approach.
· Outgoing, results-oriented and proactive with good liaison and coordination skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should e-mail their updated CVs and cover letters explaining their suitability for the post, including three work-related referees and copies of certificates to the following email: email@example.com. Please clearly mark “DCA - Position name" in the subject field where you replace “position name” with the position you are applying for. Online attachments may not fill more than 2 MB.
Deadline: 9th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline