Organisation: Hospice Africa Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Hospice Africa Uganda (HAU) is a national organization which was founded in 1993 to promote modern methods of pain and symptom control as well as "whole-person" (holistic) care for patients living with cancer and HIV/AIDS. HAU strives to uphold excellent clinical standards and provide quality education courses and advocacy activities to promote the spread of palliative care throughout Uganda and Africa.
Job Summary: The Human Resources and Volunteer Placement Manager will ensure that the management and welfare of the human resources of HAU is in line with the Ugandan Labour Laws together with HAU human resources policies and to manage the learning and professional development of applicants from other institutions interested in learning about palliative care at HAU as well as management of HAU volunteer program. This entails supervision and coordination of human resources functions of work and transparent communication within HAU as required by HAU policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Implementing and revising HAU's benefits program;
· Creating and revising job descriptions;
· Carrying out annual salary surveys;
· In charge of developing, analyzing, and updating the HAU's personnel budget;
· Responsible for developing, analyzing and updating the HAU's performance management program;
· In charge of developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures;
· Budgeting and payroll management;
· Maintaining affirmative action programs;
· In charge of managing the recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads;
· Carrying out new employee orientations and employee relations counseling;
· In charge of managing employee exits;
· Maintaining department records and reports;
· Participating in administrative team meetings;
· Perform supervisory roles
Volunteer Placement Management:
· Management of internship and on job placements at HAU;
· Oversight of the volunteer program;
· Management of continued medical education.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration, Social Work and Social Administration.
· Possession of a Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or Business Administration is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications including a resume with three work related referees and a cover letter via E-mail to: email@example.com
Address your applications to:
The Human Resources and Administration Office,
Hospice Africa Uganda,
Plot 130, Makindye Road, Opposite Makindye Country Club,
P.O. Box 7757, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 19th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline