Job Title: Home Loans Consultant
Organisation: Stanbic Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job ID: 19845
Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of Stanbic Africa Holdings Limited which is in turn owned by Standard Bank Group Limited (“the Group”), Africa’s leading banking and financial services group. The Standard Bank Group is the leading banking group focused on emerging markets. It is the largest African banking group ranked by assets and earnings. Stanbic Bank Uganda Limited is the largest bank in Uganda by assets and market capitalization. It offers a full range of banking services through two business units; Personal and Business Banking (PBB), and Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB).
Job Summary: The Home Loans Consultant will assist the Home loans manager to ensure that Building Loan applications are accurately and promptly processed for lending decisions to meet required service level agreements and turnaround times on all applications submitted
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Keenly analyse and interpret financial statements for customers that intent to borrow.
· Stay abreast with trends in the home loan book.
· Margin Management for home loans and other secured products.
· Pricing optimisation in regards to concession management and price reviews
· Monthly, weekly and daily balance sheet updates for the home loan and secured book
· Physically assess properties, for mortgage purposes,
· Be constantly aware of opportunities for new business and to follow up business which might be lost to other bank e.g. request for references, request for settlements
· Go to physical locations and evaluate Residential properties, building loans, smallholdings and sectional titles in terms of the set out requirements.
· Advanced product knowledge among the sales staff and the general network through training and product awareness
· Prudent application of finance charges to maximise returns
· Be constantly aware of opportunities for new business and to follow up business which might be lost to other banks e.g. request for references, request for settlement
· In charge of the preparation of applications for credit.
· Obtain all supporting documents i.e. identification documents, license, pay slip and financial statements from the customer.
· Provide the personal and business banking teams with deal execution schedules and manage the drawdown processes.
· Retention and management of existing loan book with intentional cross-sell activities on top ups
· Continually keep abreast of competitor and other changes within the banking environment
· Record and complete all the relevant documentation quickly and accurately on individual accounts and weekly returns.
· Calculate the retention amounts to be held on all building loans.
· Attend to customer enquiries relative to all home loans and other secured lending products.
· Periodic Customer information alignment to ensure data integrity
· Branch product training sessions and material.
· Ensure no complaints and queries through diligent and accurate work and if complaints are received, deal with such complaints immediately and courteously.
· Meet set daily, weekly and monthly productivity targets for assessments.
· Maintain good relations/ networks with internal and external stakeholders, incl. credit and field agents.
· Query management both internal and external customers
· Develop and follow a structured a customer calling programme
· Ensure quality and accuracy of reports, verifications, pricing and impact down the line
· Update the statistics sheet daily with accurate completion, home loan portfolio and secured lending portfolio
· Provide support, testing and change management for any new system or system upgrade
· implementation of new policies through constant engagement with all key stakeholders
· Communication through awareness trainings of all changes in product policies to the network and public
· Ensure that daily and weekly logs are completed and submitted timeously.
· Administer daily logs and assessment portfolio in compliance with policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Stanbic Bank Home Loans Consultant vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or Business Administration, Economics or related business field.
· Demonstrated ability to stay attuned to the needs of the market and developments in the finance sector.
· Able to translate market knowledge into product innovations and new designs that are responsive to the needs of clients
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the Home loans product
· Demonstrated ability to implement operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfil requirements for quality including; improvement, control, management or assurance of quality
· Ability to analyse customer needs by engaging with them, analysing their business objectives and their financial position
· Knowledge and understanding of the risks and processes associated with lending using fixed assets as security for long term loans
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join the one of Africa’s biggest Banking Groups, Standard Bank in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
Deadline: 18th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline