Job Title: Governance Advisor
Organisation: USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Health Systems Strengthening Team Lead
The USAID/Uganda Private Health Support Program (the Program) aims to strengthen, organize and mobilize the private sector to provide Ugandans with the option of obtaining high-quality health services from private for profit (PFP) providers. The Program’s key objectives are:
· Expanded availability of health services by private service providers;
· Increased affordability of private health services and products; and
· Improved quality of private health sector facilities and services.
In September 2016, PHS scope of work was expanded to 1) continue supporting Private Health Providers to deliver essential HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services, and 2) Strengthen health systems within the faith-based health sector to build a strong foundation for sustained scale up of services for people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Job Summary: The Governance Advisor will be responsible for ensuring functional governance and management functions at medical bureaus and health facilities by ensuring policy and standards/regulation are in place and implemented; support medical bureaus in policy review and guidance in implementation by health facility boards and management committees, support boards to make strategic decisions towards improving health facility planning and management of resources and programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will oversee the capacity needs assessment activity for medical bureaus and health facility governance, and provide necessary technical inputs to ensure assessment provides the best baseline for capacity strengthening interventions.
· Ensure health facility boards are trained and coached to play an effective oversight role that guarantee prudent management of resources, and follow through of financial and programmatic accountability.
· Regularly review proposed procedures of training and provide input to short term consultants and medical bureaus in the training design and on the optimal mode of support to the health facility boards
· Works in liaison with and provides technical backstopping to medical bureaus in executing health facility boards' capacity building activities in targeted districts
· In charge of reporting and feedback on progress on governance activities and results at bureau and facility levels
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID PHS Governance Advisor career placement should possess a Master’s degree in organizational development, organizational psychology, Policy development or related field
· Five or more years of experience in organizational and community development
· Previous exposure and experience in strengthening organizations governance and management systems
· Prior experience in staff needs assessment and development
· Previous experience in serving on governance boards and service delivery
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications via
Deadline: 8th December 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline