Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Procurement Assistant will support the Procurement Officer in the management of procurement and disposal activities of the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will receive, guide and process procurement requests from all departments on approval by the Head of the unit and contracts committee.
· Provide the required information to the contracts Committee & implement decisions of the committee.
· Actively participate in the planning and budgeting for all procurement and disposal activities of the company.
· The incumbent will also sensitize staff on the procurement and disposal procedures and guide the user departments in preparing statements of requirements, preparing bid documents and adverts for bid opportunities.
· Actively participate in the preparation and submission of monthly reports for the procurements to relevant authorities and to prepare any other reports as may be required from time to time.
· Take part in the evaluation of bids for all procurements.
· Issue bids, coordinate pre-bid meetings, receipt and opening of bids.
Key Result Areas:
· Participate in planning, budgeting & reporting.
· Evaluation of procurement bids and decisions
· Prepare bids and ensure safety of records.
· Provision of procurement information to stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the MSC Procurement Assistant job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree (honour’s) in Bachelor of Procurement and chain supply management or Business Administration, Commerce with specialization in procurement
· A minimum of two years working experience in public procurement with a reputable organization preferably in a public sector.
· Good computer skills.
· Ability to demonstrate excellent managerial skills.
· Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, clear decision making ability, highest standards of integrity.
· Ability to demonstrable objectivity and impartiality with concern for accountability and achieving results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
· Ability to influence and collaborate with different stakeholders.
· Ability to identify problems, obstacles and opportunities and initiate action or make recommendations.
· Ability to further the development of others.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline