Job Title: Audit Assistant
Organisation: Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC)
Duty Station: MSC Head Office, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Internal Audit
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited (MSC) is a linchpin of Government of Uganda
(GOU) micro credit programmes under the Rural Financial Services Strategy. MSC facilitates access to affordable, sustainable and convenient financial and Business Development services to active and productive Ugandans. MSC Ltd supports legally established entities engaged in the value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing enterprises. MSC offers affordable credit through its network of 13 regional offices spread throughout the country. It has so far served clients in 110 districts in Uganda. It gives priority financing to support the agricultural production value chain namely; production, value addition and marketing. Besides credit, MSC provides capacity building to its clients including SACCOs, Cooperative Unions, MFIs and SMEs to enable them manage their organizations sustainably.
Job Summary: The Audit Assistant will mainly be responsible for assisting in the timely execution of risk based internal audits for the Company and the clients in accordance with the annual audit plan as well as providing administrative support to the Internal Audit Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supports internal auditors to execute risk based audits in accordance with the annual work plans and as instructed/assigned by the supervisor.
· Support the audit team to create and maintain audit working papers in compliance with IIA standards.
· Actively participate in conducting audits of the Zonal Office and the MSC clients.
· Support the internal audit team in identifying potential risk areas in the Company and recommend remedial action.
· Actively participate in conducting impromptu or spot audits.
· Supporting Internal Audit Management in updating the status of the previous internal and external findings on a quarterly basis, auditing resolved issues and preparing the quarterly status report for review by the Manager Internal Audit.
· Support the department in the timely delivery of professionally written draft reports and practical value added recommendations on issues arising during audit work.
· Supports the audit team with administrative services including but not limited to:
o Word processing and other computer operations to produce timely information and data for management;
o Record and transcribe reports and minutes as may be required
o Facilitate knowledge management system for the department by maintaining an inventory of departmental documents and safety through secure storage and back-up.
· Carrying out other audit work as directed by the Supervisor in line with the Internal Audit Plan.
Key Results Areas:
· Implement risk based internal audit assignments and projects as allocated by the Manager
· Well-maintained audit working papers.
· Timely and well supported audit reports
· Prompt identification of potential risk areas in the Company with timely appropriate recommendations.
· Continuous skill and competence improvements.
· Timely minutes, registers and reports for the smooth running of the department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Audit Assistant vacancy should preferably hold a Mathematics Degree (Honours) or B.Com or Business Administration with emphasis in accounting (accounting major).
· Level/Part II of any professional accounting qualifications recognized under Accountants
· Act cap 266.
· Previous experience in automated accounting systems will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in business operations, accounting and or auditing with a reputable organization, preferably in the financial service industry.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively at assigned levels
· Ability to present adequate working papers to enable the supervisor to assess work done and matters to be reported
· Act in a professional and ethical manner at all times including observing the confidential nature of Internal Audit’s work
· A positive and flexible can do attitude and self-starting ability with the aptitude to take ownership of projects as required and see them through to completion
· Highly organized with strong organization and planning skills, ability to prioritize tasks and deliver assigned audits in line with the audit plan.
· Maintains professional standards of performance by keeping current with best Internal Audit practices through self-training and participating in recommended courses and in-house trainings.
· Demonstrate competent knowledge of accounting principles, auditing standards techniques, laws and regulations governing the Financial Services Sector in Uganda.
· Ability to operate in a team environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae together with copies of certified academic certificates with at least 3 referees in properly sealed envelopes to the address given below clearly stating the job title applied for on the top right corner. All applicants are required to fill a summary form upon submission of the application, Click Here.
The Chief Executive Officer/Executive Director,
The Microfinance Support Centre Limited,
Plot 46, Windsor Crescent- off Acacia Avenue
P.O. Box 33711 KAMPALA
Deadline: 30th November 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline