Job Title: Accounts Assistant
Organization: Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE)
Reports to: Regional Accountant
Duty Station: Uganda
Program for Accessible health, Communication and Education (PACE) is a Ugandan indigenous health organization leading solutions in the health market through the private sector. We deploy social marketing approaches to measurably improve the health of Ugandans.
Job Summary: The Accounts Assistant will support the PACE Eastern region Office by processing accounts payable and reconciling monthly cashbook transactions in Lawson, monitor and implement financial, logistical and administrative activities in the Regional Office in line with PACE financial guidelines and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Process Accounts Payable (AP) transactions (Non- Procurement Invoices, Advances, advances accountabilities) in a complete, accurate and timely manner, review of all in accordance to PSI/PACE Finance Manual to ensure accurate reconciliation of Creditor Accounts (Staff Advances, project Advances, vendors invoice matching) and follow up on outstanding/un-reconciled accounts as per Vendor Aging reports.
· The jobholder process Cash book (CB) transactions into Lawson in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
· Support in the budgetary implementation and cash Management in the Region according to the Target Low Cash Minimum Requirements
· The incumbent will support the regional sub grantees through periodic financial reviews of regional sub-grantees and follow-up on required actions
· Offer necessary support required during the financial and program audits (Internal and external).
· Maintain Office filing systems on a monthly basis for all financial documents in an orderly and systematic manner.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance & Accounting or Business Administration or commerce
· One year of related experience
· Good IT skills mainly in Microsoft Office packages coupled with a strong understanding of Finance and accounting software
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Good customer service skills
· Good people management skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidate should deliver updated resumes (CVs), copies of certificates, references, and cover letter clearly indicating position applied for on the “top left-hand side of the envelope”, to the PACE Head Office Reception, addressed to Head of People and Culture, PACE, at Plot 2 Ibis Vale-Kololo, P.O. Box 27659 Kampala Or the PACE Mbale office located at Bungokho road Plot 10 Senior quarters, Mbale town.
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include the job title in the subject of your email.
Deadline: 14th November, 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline