Job Title: Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Accounts Manager
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Accountant will ensure proper accounting system and a proper financial transaction system; and ensuring Standard Operational Procedures Compliance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain financial security by following internal controls.
· Offer support in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim grant financial reporting
· The incumbent will maintain internal and external customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
· Actively contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Manage the processing of cash receipts, recording of revenue and receivable and work closely
· Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
· Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
· Conceptual understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards
· VAT Tax returns preparation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a Degree in Accounting OR equivalent
· At least two years’ experience in the retail industry or relevant industry
· CPA will be an added advantage
· A fit with Solarnow’s values
· Keen attention to detail
· Good analytical skills
· Excellent communication and reporting skills
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Good team player
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 11th November, 2016