Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Austrian Development Agency (ADA)
Funding Source: EU Commission
Duty Station: Lira, Uganda
The EU Commission established an “Emergency Trust Fund (EU-TF) for Stability and Addressing the Root Causes of irregular Migration and Displaced Persons in Africa” (hereinafter TF) on 20.10.2015 and signed the Constitutive Agreement on 12.11.2015 during the EU-Africa Summit in Valetta. As part of the EU-TF Uganda envelope, the Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is preparing to manage the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Component Support to the Refugee Settlements and their Host Communities. The WASH component aims at “ensuring sustainable access to safe water and improve the environmental sanitation conditions in the targeted communities” of Adjumani, Arua and Kiryandongo districts (Northern Uganda). The WASH project will be implemented within the framework of the Joint Water and Sanitation Sector Programme Support (JWESSP 2013-2018) of the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE) by the Water and Sanitation Development Facility-North based in Lira.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager is primarily responsible for managing adherence to donor rules and regulations from project contract start to close-out. He/she will support the administration and finance functions of the EU TF Water and Sanitation component.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support the project EU TF project implementation to adhere to the financial management procedures as well reporting requirements with in the Government of Uganda (GoU) systems and procedures.
· Work in liaison with the Project Manager (ADA), the implementing partner to provide professional expertise and support to enforce financial and administrative controls.
· Support the procurement process and contract administration of the project to ensure transparency and efficiency in utilization of project funds as well as consistency with the GoU and ADA policies and procedures.
· Regularly monitor project activities, and conduct field site visits to ensure consistency with grant terms and conditions, timelines, budgets, and performance measures.
· The incumbent will identify situations where contractual obligations may not be met and propose plan to mitigate risks.
· Assist as needed in the coordination, planning, and execution of annual audit by independent public accountants.
· Articulate and advocate for the ADA’s position on matters of regulation and other contractual issues.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration related field
· A minimum of four years of negotiating experience and direct management of contracts and other agreements, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Advanced knowledge of Government of Uganda grant management regulations and policies.
· Excellent communication skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, QuickBooks, and Navision proficiency.
· Ability to interpret, apply and communicate complex regulations, provisions, policies, and procedures.
· Preferred exposure to Government of Uganda and Donor bilateral arrangements and knowledge of the GoU financial management systems;
· Keen interest in/knowledge about WASH projects
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send via hand delivery or post including a motivation letter including salary expectations, updated CV with a recent passport photo as well as copies of academic/professional certificates with three professional referees to:
Coordination Office for Development,
Cooperation of the Austrian Embassy, Kampala,
Plot 3, Portal Avenue, Crusader House, 5th Floor
P. O. Box 7457, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 17th November, 2016 by 4:00PM