Job Title: Exports Manager
Organisation: Spedag Interfreight Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Spedag Interfreight Uganda Ltd is the leading clearing, forwarding and freight logistics company in Uganda which provides end to end supply chain management. We specialize in supply chain management, consolidation Services, Distribution Logistics, Project Logistics, Warehousing, Airfreight, Transports, Sea freight Overland and comprehensive Logistics.
Job Summary: The Exports Manager will plan, implement, moderate, coordinate, monitor and develop customer relation solutions and provide sustainable customer oriented services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategy Development & Planning:
· Assesses weaknesses and strengths of the team on a regular basis
· Assesses opportunities and threads on a regular basis
· Avails the SWOT Analysis to the General Manager on a regular basis
· Supports the continuous improvement process by regular suggestions for improvement
Providing Marketing Services:
· Establishes opportunities for business expansion through interaction with existing clients
· Regularly monitors the business development of existing clients.
· Identifies causes of client loss and decreasing business volumes of existing clients in order to come up with ways of averting future client/business loss.
· Issues quotations to existing clients.
· Attends social gatherings in order to network and increase customer contact
Budget and Plans Implementation: Implements planned budgets, existing and newly developed procedures and decisions endorsed by management
Maintaining Customer Care services:
· Regularly analyzes and suggests improvements of work procedures in relation to clients' needs in a bid to improve /maintain quality of service
· Advises as well as assists in solving problems occurring in the department.
· Coordinates client visits of all team members.
· Sends client visit schedules on a weekly basis.
· Attends client visits.
· Ensures proper client visit reporting.
· Issues client complaint forms and maintains the client complaint resister,
· Ensures relevant documents and information is obtained well in time, prior to dispatch of the goods.
· Oversees the follow-up for outstanding payments.
· Ensures all criteria for release of documents are fulfilled in time
Staff Supervision, Training & Development:
· Mentors and coaches the team
· Regularly monitors subordinate activities.
· Ensures staff are on time
· Authorizes staff leave in the Department.
· Disciplines staff.
· Allocates duties and tasks.
· Issues targets, monitors progress on targets and vets the performance.
· Receives and checks status reports from the department
· Responsibility for assigned adhoc duties
· Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Economics.
· Possession of a Post-graduate qualification in Business Administration and Management or Economics is desirable.
· At least seven (7) years working experience, four (4) of which must have been in a reputable Clearing and forwarding or Shipping Company.
· Good knowledge in Clearing and Forwarding;
· Good computer skills and knowledge;
· Must have demonstrable detailed understanding of Business strategy, operations and achievement or results;
· High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
· Demonstrated ability in effective people management and customer care.
· Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
· Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication, leadership as well as team building and negotiation skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send an updated CV and cover letter with three professional referees to the address or email below. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Send to:
People Performance Group,
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante,
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline