Job Title: Publications Officer
Organisation: Parliamentary Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Publications Officer
The Parliamentary Commission of Uganda serves the following functions;
· Appoint, promote and exercise disciplinary control over persons holding public office in Parliament;
· Review the terms and conditions of service, standing orders, training and qualifications of persons holding office in Parliament;
· Provide a Parliamentary reporting service;
· Provide such other staff and facilities as are required to ensure efficient functioning of the Parliament;
· To cause to be prepared in each financial year, estimates of revenue and expenditure for the next financial year; and
· Make recommendations to Parliament, or with the approval of Parliament, determine the allowances payable and privileges available to the Speaker and Members of Parliament.
Job Summary: The Publications Officer will be tasked with publishing the official report of the proceedings of Parliament; and other Parliamentary publications
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Typeset and publish the daily Hansard
· Compile the monthly bound volume of the Hansard
· Produce other parliamentary publications
· The Publications Officer will post the monthly Hansard on the Parliamentary Website
· Provide information on the proceedings of Parliament to MPs
· Prepare a pre-press copy of the daily Hansard.
· Index Hansards for library and other reference uses.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Publications Officer should hold an Honours Bachelor's degree in Arts with Literature in English and English Language; or Bachelors in Library and Information Science with a subject in publications; or Mass communication or Journalism with print or publishing option; or degree in an editorial field with English Language Studies (ELS) as a principal subject from a recognized university/ institution
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Broad knowledge of Web content management designing, desktop publishing and editing.
· Working knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design;
· Knowledge of production methodology for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats;
· Ability to use creative problem solving and analytical thinking skills to develop
· Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified Ugandans are encouraged to send updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) stating two referees; and certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts. The applications should be addressed to the Secretary, Parliamentary Commission and posted to P.O. Box 7178 Kampala; or hand delivered to the Parliamentary Registry - Parliament Buildings, Room 112, 1st Floor, South Wing; Parliament of Uganda.
Deadline: Friday 2nd December, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline