Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Uganda
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Lutheran World Relief (LWR) Community Services Project Officer and Project Manager job placement should hold a University Degree in Human Rights, Social Sciences, Social Work or related field
· At least three years of humanitarian work in deep field locations
· Three years professional work experience in community services in a humanitarian setting.
· Excellent analytical and communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with local staff and other stakeholders
· Ability to work under pressure, with minimal supervision, and in a culturally diverse team
· Passion for working with refugees
· High level of integrity, commitment and professional responsibility.
· Ability to work independently with guidelines and clear expectations.
· Excellent inter- personal and team building skills.
· Ability to tolerate cultural, education and religious diversity in the work place.
· Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications (One page cover letter, explaining the candidate’s suitability for the position and an updated Curriculum vitae, CV), with the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees and send via Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Office of Administration/Human Resources.
NB: Please do not include certificates for education, trainings, etc. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 24th November, 2016 by 4:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline