Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Director Community Health Systems and Services
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
About USAID Project:
World Vision is currently recruiting for the following positions for a five-year, USAID program. The program is expected to support the delivery of integrated services and health system strengthening in 23 districts in Eastern Uganda with an estimated total population of 5.3 million people. Key aims of the Project include increased availability of health services, increased accessibility to health services, improved quality of health services, enhanced enabling environment for health care delivery and increased health seeking behavior and practices supported by district-led health system strengthening interventions.
Job Summary: The Community Mobilization and Accountability Advisor will manage the implementation of community mobilization and social accountability activities in the communities within the 23 districts under outcomes 4 and 5.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the design, implementation and monitoring of community mobilization and community linkage approaches
· Supervise and monitor the performance of the district based Community Mobilization & Social Accountability Mentors in collaboration with the District Health management teams
· The incumbent will design and plan for community level interventions that focus on modification of behavior and inform key community stakeholders
· Offer technical guidance for supporting linkages between health facilities, CBOs and communities including the engagement of peers to address the support needs of key/priority populations
· The incumbent will be providing technical assistance, capacity building and supervision to CBOs, NGOs, VHTs and other stakeholders in community health
· Support selected CSOs in designing, implementation and monitoring the social accountability mechanisms/ processes at all levels of local governments and ensuring communities are actively participating in holding their leaders accountable.
· Train CSO partners in local level advocacy methodologies including the use of community score cards in a bid to assess performance of health services in terms of their quality, efficiency and transparency.
· Guide and support the Community Mobilization & Social Accountability Mentors and CSO partners to ensure effective implementation of social accountability interventions of the project in compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Community Mobilization & Accountability Advisor employee should hold a Post graduate qualification, in public health, governance or a social sciences degree (Development Studies, and Policy Studies etc.)
· At least five years of relevant work experience, of which two should be governance related from within the demand side of accountability, practical experience with developing and implementing accountability methodologies such as Public Expenditure Tracking etc.
·Significant experience working in the health sector with community systems and structures.
· Good knowledge of organizational development, especially facilitation experience in guiding network building and internal governance systems.
· The candidate will also have excellent organizational, analytical, and oral and written communication skills (in English).
· The applicant must be authorized to work in Uganda.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 20th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline