Job Title: Chef
Organisation: Makerere University Holdings Limited (Mak Holdings)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Guest House Manager
Makerere University Holdings Limited (Mak Holdings) is the entrepreneurial arm of the University established by Makerere University Council to manage her commercial assets and interests. It owns the Makerere University Guest House.
Job Summary: The Chef will primarily ensure the smooth running of the kitchen, maintain the highest possible standard of modern cooking and hygiene to the satisfaction of guests and management as well as achievement of gross profit targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create a strong professional team with a good working relationship;
· Create and maintain consistence of high standard quality food to achieve the highest level of customer service;
· The incumbent will maintain hygiene, cleanliness and safety of the kitchen;
· Work closely with management to enhance kitchen controls and standards to minimize food shortages, wastages and pilferage, guarantee quality food deliveries and achieve minimum food cost;
· Plan, cost and price the Menu for achievement of needed gross profit target and customer satisfaction; and
· Plan, coordinate, set, control and operate all kitchen activities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must hold a Diploma in Hotel Management and Institutional catering. A Bachelor's degree in Tourism and Hospitality or related discipline will be an added advantage
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a Kitchen Senior Management position in a reputable hotel.
· Ability to work long hours;
· Energetic and result oriented;
· High ethical standards and integrity;
· Posses excellent problem solving and decision making skills;
· Highly enthusiastic to business development and creating change;
· Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should address their applications to: Acting Chief Executive Officer, Makerere University Holdings Limited (Mak Holdings Ltd) and hand deliver them to: Lincoln Flat C1, P.O. Box 7062 Kampala, Makerere University
Deadline: 18th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline