Organization: Eastern Private Sector Development Centre (EPSEDEC)
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Eastern Private Sector Development Centre (EPSEDEC) is a non-governmental development organization whose mission is: to work with communities to overcome poverty through business development services, sustainable economic empowerment, and the development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). EPSEDEC works with other development partners in implementation of projects that address economic development challenges in Uganda. EPSEDEC’s activities are anchored in the Government’s National Development Plan (NDP) and it also contributes to achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) 1, 2 and 8 that aim to end poverty and hunger in all its forms; to achieve food security and improved nutrition by promoting sustainable agriculture; and to promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Job Summary: The Business Development and Partnership Officer (BDPO) leads the Business Development and Partnership Unit which spearheads effective implementation of EPSEDEC’s resource mobilization strategy in line with EPSEDEC’s mandate and sustainability drive. The BDPO is a member of the senior management team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Take lead in the implementation of EPSEDEC’s resource mobilization strategy
· Preparation of project proposals, concept papers, expressions of interest and bids.
· Responsible for the development of new business products and services.
· In charge of monitoring and evaluation of all projects and BDS assignments
· Coordination and quality assurance of the reporting function in all projects
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following; Business Administration/Management, Resource Mobilization, Fundraising, Economics, Finance, Development Studies, Project Management, and Monitoring & Evaluation. A Master's Degree or Post Graduate Diploma in the above areas will be an added advantage.
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position and/or organization.
· Demonstrated proficiency in IT applications such as Office, Ms Word, Ms Excel, Access, Database and Internet operations.
· Work skills such as; timely reporting, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, time management, and data entry management.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English.
· Age: Between 25-45 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications (hand delivered, post, email or courier) with names and addresses of three referees together with Curriculum Vitae, day time telephone number and photocopies of relevant certificates to the undersigned;
Board of Directors,
Eastern Private Sector Development Centre
P.O Box 306 Mbale
2 km Mbale – Kumi Road, Mbale Municipality
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 20th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline