Job Title: Africa Finance and Business Analyst
Organisation: Right To Play
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Business Administration Manager (FBAM)
Right To Play is a global organization, using the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through playing sports and games, Right To Play helps over one million children learn through play to create better futures, while operating in more than 20 countries each week. Founded in 2000 by social entrepreneur and four-time Olympic gold medalist Johann Olav Koss, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has national fundraising offices in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Regional offices are in Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Our programs are facilitated by more than 600 international staff and 14,400 local volunteer Coaches.
Job Summary: The Africa Finance and Business Analyst is mainly responsible for the proper implementation of financial procedures in all Africa Right To Play programs and operations including Uganda, Burundi, Tanzania, Ethiopia Mozambique, Ghana, Mali, Liberia, Benin & Rwanda. The incumbent works with the respective Finance Officers at Country Level (FOs) to ensure budgeting, accounting, and other financial and accounting functions are in accordance with RTP internal policies and procedures. The incumbent ensures regular account and budget analysis and RTP Africa wide books are closed on time and financial reports from field are completed and accurate. The incumbent is responsible for preparing financial reports for management and performs all balance sheet accounts analysis and reconciliation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial Management, Planning and Budgeting (40%)
· Keenly reviews and analyses yearly financial planning of countries and supports the program team in preparation of proposal and operational budgets and translation of the program activities into figures; supports the Africa Program Manager (APM) liaising with Countries and partners in the process of budget reviews, analysis and templates.
· Ensures that all staff are aware of the financial accountabilities; communicates on financial expectations and provides constructive feedback on forecasts and expenditures; coordinates with AFBAM and country officers to set a yearly activity plan for upgrading staff financial skills and capacity and leads the implementation; ensures that all project staff are familiar with the roles and responsibilities in relation to financial management and accountability.
· Reviews and analyses field office monthly financial reports (verifying the coding, arithmetical accuracy, documentation, authorization) and subsequent feedback to ensure timely submission by the Countries.
· Prepares monthly analytical financial report and project cost reports against budget and alerts management team of necessary contractual or management actions based on that analysis and review. On a monthly basis, generates Budget vs. Actual (BvA) and reports to the Vice President, Africa Programs (VPAP) and APFBAM with recommendations based upon complex business transactions; ensures respective Countries understands variance implications and how to respond to and manage them effectively. Identifies additional financial tracking and analysis tools as needed to support decision-making and on-going management review.
· Performs analysis of the month and year-end financial statements and ledger accounts and reconciliation; arranges and ensures their compliance with RTP and donor requirements. Participates in the annual financial audit ensuring all supporting documents are available for auditors to review; responds to auditor's requests, as well as any internal or donor audits.
· Actively contributes to development of a system for monthly account analysis, quarterly grants’ analysis, funding framework monitoring, and deliver it to Country program to position them for an efficient and easy internal/external financial audit.
Administrative and Logistics Functions (20%):
· Analyses and reviews all procurement processes, supporting documents and compliance to policies.
· Assist the AFBAM oversees the logistics functions to ensure compliance with RTP financial management and procurement procedures. Acts as a member of the procurement committee and verifies and analyses logistical transactions, where applicable.
Systems and processes (20%):
· Based on analysis and sound business judgement, provides advice on business process and changes that will result in operating efficiencies.
· Contributes in team-based effort to improve finical management systems to enhance to achievement of organizational objectives.
· Coordinates system and business process assessments to confirm or create efficient and effective controls.
· Supports AFBAM to train finance and program staff on RTP financial policies and best practice financial management.
Banking, Payroll and Accounting Analysis (15%)
· Keenly analyses and oversees the daily management of financial transactions and all cash disbursements; ensures that there are adequate controls over cash and bank holdings, performs monthly petty cash count; oversees routine banking services including collecting bank statements, making bank transfers depositing and withdrawing cash, preparing bank reconciliation statements at the end of the month.
· Reviews and analyses payroll and monitors salary advance reimbursements; stays abreast on the latest development in tax and other related laws in the countries; analyses and ensures RTP’s compliance with all Government statutory regulations including licensing payment of taxes and social security fund; oversees timely submissions of such deductions by Countries to the relevant authorities.
· Analyses financial transactions and prepares journal entries for accrual, prepayments, corrections and adjustments. Performs Monthly review of Countries balance sheet reconciliations schedules and prepares Africa Office part.
· Reviews reports and performs detailed account analysis, coordinates resolutions and recommends improvement; identifies issues and trend analysis to ensure accuracy and timely clearing of receivables and liabilities.
Perform Other Duties As Assigned (5%): Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related discipline.
· A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role working in accounting, grants and developing budgets management.
· Keen attention to detail and ability to plan and implement work plan with minimum supervision
· Good networking and interpersonal skills
· Ability work with large data with attention to details
· Ability to work efficiently under tight deadlines and pressure
· Excellent communication and reporting skills
· Strong analytical abilities and ability to prepare concise and informative financial reports
· Excellent reporting skills
· Good professional verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team in culturally diverse professional staff
· Good leadership and management skills
· Excellent MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Familiarity with accounting software
· Proven ability in using financial management software
· Knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software
· CPA, ACCA or CMA or other related designations
· Superior bookkeeping skills
· Previous experience working in I/NGO
· Experience managing direct reports
· Ability to travel internationally is required
· Languages: Fluency in written and spoken English and French
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested local and international candidates should send an updated resume and motivational letter to: UgandaHR@righttoplay.com and kindly include “Africa Finance and Business Analyst” and your name in the subject line. Please indicate your salary expectations in the motivational letter and do not attach certificates at this point.
Deadline: 19th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline