Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) Project
Duty Station: Mbale, Arua, Fort Portal, Kawolo and Lira, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About URC SUSTAIN Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID-funded Strengthening Uganda’s Systems for Treating AIDS Nationally (SUSTAIN) project. The project supports delivery of quality HIV prevention, treatment, care and laboratory services at selected regional referral and general hospitals.
Job Summary: The Clinical Care Coordinator will provide support to the hospital clinical services team with direct patient care as needed. The incumbent will ensure clinical care service delivery processes, including client flow systems are well organized. The jobholder will work closely with respective HIV/ART clinic heads to strengthen team-building for clinic staff. The incumbent will work with the entire HIV service delivery team to ensure functional linkages within the hospital. The incumbent will also actively participate in MOH and facility led capacity strengthening activities for other hospital HIV clinical care teams through competency/skills needs targeted training and mentoring.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work closely with the SUSTAIN Capacity Building Manager, HIV Clinic Head and MOH/ACP, identify training needs for HIV service delivery teams and support implementation of training activities as per plans developed.
· Provide on-site clinical mentoring to HIV service delivery teams on management of HIV according to MOH guidelines.
· Provide training through clinical consultations, assisting other Medical Officers and Nurses to solve clinical problems.
· Work in liaison with the Clinic Head and the SUSTAIN Capacity Building Manager, identify areas of quality improvement and support implementation of QI activities in the clinic.
· Working with the Clinic Head, assist in preparation of journal clubs and CMEs for continuous professional education.
· Disseminate to the HIV clinic staff updated and revised MOH HIV-related training materials, job aides and guidelines.
· Prepare and send monthly reports on training/mentoring and technical assistance activities, as well as recommendations for further strengthening MOH services.
· In charge of the coordination and monitoring of SUSTAIN-supported service delivery implementation activities at the RRH and lower facilities in each region.
· Ensure implementation of HIV service delivery is as per the SUSTAIN work plan, within the broader mandate of the MOH and ACP.
· Coordinate the SUSTAIN supported team at the region to ensure harmonized implementation of services
· Working with the clinic head, develop work plans for strengthening other MOH services at sites supported by SUSTAIN in the region.
· Working with the RRH pharmacy team, monitor logistics/HIV commodities management and ensure timely submission of monthly reports on logistics.
· Ensure functional linkages between the various components of HIV service delivery (clinical services, laboratory, pharmacy, MNCH, TB, and community based initiatives).
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID SUSTAIN Clinical Care Coordinator career placement must hold an MBChB or its equivalent from a recognized university/institution
· Must be registered with Medical and Dental practitioners’ council;
· At least two years’ experience in patient care at a reputable hospital.
· Previous experience in an HIV/AIDS related field will be an added advantage.
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references addressed to:
Human Resource & Administration Coordinator,
University Research Co., LLC – Centre for Human Services,
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
Deadline: 4th November, 2016 at 12:00 Noon
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline