Job Title: Farm Manager (2 Vacancies)
Organisation: National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and Data Bank (NAGRC&DB)
Duty Station: Kamuli and Kiruhura, Uganda
Reports to: Technical Manager, Production
The National Animal Genetics Resources Centre and Data Bank, (NAGRC&DB) is a body corporate under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries whose mandate is to take a leading role in establishing a comprehensive National Animal Breeding Programme in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Farm Manager will manage optimal performance and productivity of the Centre Farm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent plans and budgets for the operations of the Centre and ensures their effective implementation.
· The jobholder also manages and accounts for the human, fiscal and physical assets of the Centre Farm.
· Supervises, monitors and evaluates the performance of the Centre Farm in respect to set targets including production and breeding programs.
· Prepares and submits periodic reports on the performance of the farm including Supervises, mentors and appraises technical staff and oversees the administration of all other staff.
· The jobholder initiates innovations to enhance the productive capability of the Centre Farm.
· Organizes and coordinates outreach activities to the farmers to enhance their productivity and get feedback on challenges they encounter.
· Enforces acceptable standards of production, breeding, health and safety on the Centre Farm.
· Works closely with the technical units to procure, schedule preventive maintenance or repair farm machinery.
· Maintains an inventory of the Centre Farm’s Asset including stock.
· Undertakes any other official duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants should preferably hold degrees in Animal or Agricultural Sciences.
· At least three years’ experience with a practical exposure to farm operations.
· Knowledge of records management in farm activities
· Working knowledge of project planning and management.
· Proven ability to work with and supervise multi-disciplinary teams.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their updated CVs, applications, testimonials and three professional referees (one of whom should be work-based) to;
The Executive Director,
Attn: Human Resource / Administration,
National Animal Genetic Resources Centre and DataBank (NAGRC & DB)
P.O. Box 183, Entebbe-Uganda.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline