Job Title: Regional Team Leader
Organization: Chemonics International Inc.
Project Name: Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture Activity (UYLA)
Funding Source: USAID
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
Chemonics International Inc. is certified consulting company that has partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world for overe 40 years.
About Feed the Future Program:
Feed the Future, the U.S. Government’s global hunger and food security initiative, is establishing a foundation for lasting progress against global hunger. The Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Agriculture is a 5 year Activity which will support Ugandan partners, with youth in the lead, to identify and drive forward sustainable, inclusive, and cost-effective approaches that put youth, especially female youth, squarely in the agriculture sector as leaders, farmers, entrepreneurs, and employees. The purpose of this flagship activity is to increase economic opportunities for approximately 350,000 Ugandan female and male youth ages 10 to 35 in agriculture-related fields, in order to increase their incomes and build their entrepreneurship, leadership, and workforce readiness skills.
Job Summary: The Regional Team Leader will manage and provide strategic direction for the Feed the Future Uganda Youth Leadership for Activity northern and western regional hubs based in Gulu and Masindi respectively. The incumbent is responsible for providing technical and thought leadership, oversight and mentorship primarily to the regional teams and YLA so as to enable them to identify, design and implement activities, through partnerships, that will promote YLA’s objectives of increased incomes of youth working in agricultural value chains and improved skills and competencies of youth, especially women, between the ages of 10-35. The Regional Team Leader will work with respective team members to leverage age- appropriate best practices in technical, entrepreneurial and workforce readiness interventions. All initiatives will be continuously monitored to ensure evidence based and experiential learning and best practices are shared and or replicated across the activity portfolio.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide mentorship and strategic direction to the regional teams to pursue and leverage productive public and private partnerships that are willing to engage in- and out of school youth in furtherance of YLA's objectives. Applying a facilitative approach throughout, and cognizant of specific age cohorts of youth, these partnerships will lead to:
o Adoption of technologies that improve agricultural productivity by youth and or firms working with youth;
o Increased provision of market-driven technical, workforce readiness, and entrepreneurship skills development services by private sector firms to youth and or firms supporting skills development for youth;
o Increased access to input and output markets by youth;
o Improved provision of life skills for healthy living to youth.
o Increased employment opportunities for youth along agriculture value chains;
o Increased opportunities for youth to demonstrate leadership, social entrepreneurship, and community engagement;
· Manage YLA strategic partners’ subcontracts
· Work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) team to ensure that data collection is consistent and accurate as specified in the MEL guidelines and provide analysis of data resulting from YLA interventions
· The incumbent will assure management of grants agreements is consistent to deliver timely and quality results
· Prepare and submit monthly reports outlining advances towards yearly work plans
· Provide inputs and content for quarterly and annual reports and other reports as required by USAID Uganda
· Supervise and manage the performance of the regional Partnerships Managers and Team Coordinators
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party consistent with the overall nature, objectives and strategic direction of the Activity
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the USAID UYLA Regional Team Leader career vacancy must hold a master’s degree in education, business or other relevant field. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 10 years of experience may be substituted for a Master’s degree.
· At least six years’ experience in workforce development or youth development work.
· Excellent track record of achieving results in similar types of activities.
· Demonstrated high level technical, analytical and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications electronically with a cover letter, CV, and three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline