Organisation: Abt Associates
Project Name: USAID Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief of Party
Reports to: Chief of Party
Abt Associates is an international development organization composed of dedicated professionals who provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and practical training services in more than 128 countries. Abt seeks to implement a five-year project funded by the U.S Agency for International Development (USAID).
About USAID RHVP Project:
Abt implements the USAID-funded Reproductive Health Voucher Program (RHVP) in Uganda which aims to achieve measurable improvements in safe motherhood services by supporting health financing and innovative service delivery models in the private sector.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Specialist will be mainly responsible for developing operational research and evaluation plans that inform the management and direction of the program, and ensure high quality and timely inputs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will develop the project’s performance monitoring plan (PMP) according to USAID standards, and implement on-going project monitoring and data collection activities related to the PMP. Revise PMP as needed throughout project.
· Design and implement project evaluation and research plan to include any needed formative research to inform activity design, research to pilot new approaches, and evaluations (process and/or impact).
· Take lead in data collection, analysis, and reporting for ongoing monitoring, evaluation, and research according to PMP and research plan.
· Support the procurement process for outside research firms/vendors and provide day-to-day management of research firms/vendors hired for monitoring, evaluation, and research activities.
· Prepare required USAID project reporting for annual work plans, quarterly and annual reports and other project documents as needed.
· Support the compliance process of the Institutional Review Board at Abt Associates and in Jordan for evaluation activities conducted with human subjects.
· Develop learning plan to disseminate research, monitoring, and evaluation results internally and externally.
· Working closely with project technical specialists and program management staff (including COP and DCOP) to ensure appropriate and adequate monitoring, evaluation, and research efforts are in place to provide each team with data needed to inform their program design and implementation decisions.
· Building capacity of project staff to use monitoring, evaluation, and research data to assist in project implementation.
· External learning activities will include: Presenting M&E and research findings in written reports and at relevant local and international conferences and meetings.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the USAID Technical Specialist /Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Specialist vacancy should hold a Masters Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics, or other relevant field.
· A minimum of six (6) years of experience in designing and implementing research, monitoring, and evaluation activities for complex international donor-funded (USAID preferred) development programs.
· Five or more ears of experience in the monitoring and evaluation of safe motherhood/MNCH programs.
· Previous experience in M&E of health systems strengthening and service delivery preferred.
· Demonstrated expertise in rigorous quantitative and qualitative research methods.
· Proven experience in research/study design and implementation, including the design and data analysis of quantitative and qualitative studies. Experience in designing and implementing rapid cycle evaluations and/or randomized controlled trials (RCTs) preferred.
· Ability to communicate program data and results to a variety of stakeholders, including program management staff, donors, and researchers. Experience in capacity building, training, and supportive supervision.
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency with statistical software packages used for data analysis, such as SPSS, STATA, and Epi Info.
· Advanced written, presentation, and communication skills in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID Project are encouraged to send their updated resumes / CVs and application letters that provide details of the applicant’s specific qualifications via Email to email@example.com. Please clearly include the position title in the subject of the E-mail.
Deadline: 26th October, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline