Job Title: Fleet Assistant (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Mechanical Supervisor
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Fleet Assistant will be responsible for vehicle operation and maintenance including daily checks, checking insurance validity, reporting damage or malfunction, ensuring security and cleanness of the vehicle. In addition the Fleet Assistant will deliver mail, goods and be responsible for accounting for fuel issued and maintaining and updating the logbook at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Fleet Assistant will facilitate field trip activities by driving UNRA vehicles according to traffic regulations
· Conduct daily assessment of the vehicle using the UNRA standard checklist in line with procedure;
· Report damage or malfunction of the vehicle in line with operating guidelines and procedure;
· The incumbent will maintain safe custody of the vehicles at the station in line with UNRA security guidelines;
· Maintain cleanliness of the vehicles in line with guidelines and standards;
· Maintain and update UNRA station vehicle logbook;
· The Fleet Assistant will inspect UNRA vehicles to verify validity of insurance and first aid box in line with OHS guidelines.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Fleet Assistant career placement should hold an Ordinary Level Certificate of Education;
· Possession of A’ Level Certificate will be an advantage;
· Hold a Valid and relevant driving permit is a must.
· At least four years’ experience in operating and maintaining vehicles in a similar organization.
· High level of integrity;
· Proven track record of outstanding performance;
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Ability to deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline