Job Title: Senior Human Resource Officer
Organisation: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
Job Ref: HRM/EOC/2016/06
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Under Secretary
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) was established by the Equal Opportunities Act of 2007 and is mandated to provide a framework for redressing imbalances which exist against the marginalized groups while promoting equal opportunities for all.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Senior Human Resource Officer will be in charge of human resource planning
· In charge of payroll management and assessment of benefits
· In charge of managing information related to recruitment, personnel statistics and job analysis
· Originating letters related to human resource management
· Responsible for staff development and training.
· Counseling and tendering appropriate advice and guidance to staff
· Responsible for compiling and submitting periodic performance reports pertaining to human resource management
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Senior Human Resource Officer should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Social Work and Social Administration, Business Studies/Public Administration/Commerce (with a Human Resource Management as a specialization) from a recognized university/institution.
· Possession of a Post Graduate Diploma in HRM will be an added advantage.
· At least three (3) years of related working experience as a Human Resource Officer in Government or equivalent level experience from reputable organization.
· Personal Competencies: Human Resource Management, Records and Information Management, Communicating Effectively, Managing employee performance and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications including a Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, with the following attachments in triplicate: detailed CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts, relevant certificates and two referees (previous for those who may not be currently employed).
The application forms may also be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Kampala, or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, Plot 7, Luthuli Close, Bugolobi.
The completed applications should be addressed to: The Acting Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala, Uganda indicating the post applied for, together with the job reference (See at Beginning of Job Advert) which should be indicated on the right hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 24th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline