Job Title: Senior Education and Training Officer
Organisation: Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC)
Job Ref: HRM/EOC/2016/04
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Principal Education and Training Officer
The Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) was established by the Equal Opportunities Act of 2007 and is mandated to provide a framework for redressing imbalances which exist against the marginalized groups while promoting equal opportunities for all.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Senior Education and Training Officer will be designing and organizing training and sensitization programmes
· Tasked with the development of sensitization manuals, messages and posters
· Carrying out training and sensitization programmes
· In charge of evaluating training and sensitization programmes
· Compiling and submitting periodic reports
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Senior Education and Training Officer should be Ugandans holding an honours bachelor's degree in education or community and adult education from a recognized university.
· Specialization in special needs education or post graduate qualifications in education would be an added advantage.
· At least three years’ experience at the level of education officer or training officer in government or equivalent experience from a reputable organization.
· Personal Competencies: education/training management, communicating effectively, planning, organizing and coordinating, computer literacy, innovativeness and ethics and integrity
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications including a Public Service Form 3 (2008), download here, with the following attachments in triplicate: detailed CVs, certified copies of academic transcripts, relevant certificates and two referees (previous for those who may not be currently employed).
The application forms may also be obtained from the Public Service Commission Offices, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Kampala, or at the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) Offices, Plot 7, Luthuli Close, Bugolobi.
The completed applications should be addressed to: The Acting Secretary, Equal Opportunities Commission, P.O. Box 27672, Kampala, Uganda indicating the post applied for, together with the job reference (See at Beginning of Job Advert) which should be indicated on the right hand top corner of the envelope.
Deadline: 24th November, 2016