Job Title: Sales Manager
Organization: Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Tourism and Business Services
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities which was established in 1996 in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200. The Mission of UWA is:” To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.”
Job Summary: The Sales Manager will be responsible for managing the sales team, developing sales plans covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the UWA’s presence.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Formulate a sales strategy to achieve organizational sales goals and revenues.
· Implements UWA’s strategic Business Plan that expands the UWA Customer Bass and ensures its strong presence.
· Building and promoting strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs.
· Presenting Sales, Revenue and Expenses Reports and realistic forecasts to the Management Team for appropriate action.
· In charge of identifying emerging markets and market shifts while being folly aware of new products and competition status and design appropriate interventions.
· Carry out Market Research, Competitor and Customer analysis,
· Perform any other official duties as assigned by the Director Tourism and Business Services or Management from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UWA Sales Manager job placement must hold a Master’s Degree in either Commerce (Marketing option), Business Administration or the equivalent from a recognized University or Institution.
· The jobholder should also possess an Honors’ Bachelor’s Degree in either Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing Option), Business Administration or any other relevant qualification from a recongized University or Institution.
· A minimum of seven years of progressive experience (Marketing option) at senior level in business development from a reputable Organization, relevant to UWA's current and planned field of activities.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision.
· Excellent analytical, financial management and presentation skills.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
· Excellent customer care skills.
· Keen interest In market research and sales.
· Concern for quality and standards;
· Good time management skills
· Age: Below 45 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CVs and three (3) competent referees with daytime telephone contact addressed and submitted to the address below;
The Executive Director,
Uganda Wildlife Authority,
Plot 7 Kira Road, Kamwokya
P.O. Box 3530 Kampala, Uganda
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that any form of lobbing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 28th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline