Job Title: Risk Officer
Organization: Uganda Road Fund (URF)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Policy and Strategy
Uganda Road Fund (URF) is a body corporate established by the Uganda Road Fund Act 2008, to finance routine and periodic maintenance of public roads.
Job Summary: The Risk Officer will primarily be responsible for the identification and management of risks to minimize negative impact to strategy delivery; undertake the risk function on behalf of the Fund and ensure enterprise wide risk management as a key to enable achieving the business objectives of the Fund.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will also manage the process of identifying and assessing the risks affecting the Fund in order to develop risk mitigation, adequately plan risk responses and monitoring strategies for the company’s critical risks and develop and continuously review the risk management capabilities.
· Establish Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) objectives for the Fund in order to ensure integration with the corporate strategy and facilitate the use of appropriate ERM methodologies, tools and techniques to ensure effective risk management.
· Ensure appropriate risk reporting to the Board and senior management and prepare the Risk management system and framework for the Fund.
· Carry out risk management education and training from time to time in order to increase risk awareness across the Fund. Develop, provide and /or arrange regular training on a broad range of compliance and regulatory issues.
· Develop and ensure compliance with including regular review of the Risk Policy in order to have relevant and up-to-date Risk Policies and ensure an effective risk management framework.
· Develop and communicate on risk management policies in order to increase awareness and appreciation of risk and build a risk culture company wide. Develop and communicate the Fund’s risk appetite and ensure risk exposure is within acceptable limits.
· Prepare and develop the URF risk strategy and regularly identify, analyse and classify risks and formulate the desired responses. Execute the risk response strategies through collaborative working with relevant stakeholders.
· Carry out regular long-term risk management system monitoring and control for the Fund’s activities and her Designated Agencies and prepare attendant reports. Prepare the scope of risks identified for designated agencies and propose mitigation / responses.
· Conduct planned and ad-hoc risk reviews on designated agencies and projects and make recommendations for corrective actions.
· Ensure that effective risk management strategies and processes are embedded within the Fund’s day to day activities and ensure that URF complies with both outside regulatory requirements and its own internal policies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Uganda Road Fund Risk Officer career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized university.
· Possession of a post graduate MBA qualification with a bias toward strategic planning, risk management or project management shall be an added advantage.
· At least eight years’ previous experience, three of which should be in a in a reputable infrastructure organization.
· Should have up to date professional membership of the Uganda Institution of Professional Engineers (UIPE) and registration with the Engineers Registration Board (ERB).
· Good understanding of the transport sub-sector in Uganda will be an added advantage.
· Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
· Excellent research (analytical, qualitative and quantitative) and drafting skills;
· Computer literacy;
· Ability to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality;
· Demonstrable team leadership and good organization skills.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications accompanied by;
· A capability statement detailing the applicant’s general qualifications, adequacy for the post and illustrated personal experience
· Detailed Curriculum Vitae showing experience and positions held
· Current Salary
· Three professional referees including phone and E-mail contacts
· Copies of testimonials
· Postal Addresses, daytime telephone contacts and E-mail address of applicant
The complete application package should be sent in hardcopy to:
The Executive Director,
Uganda Road Fund,
5th Floor TWED Towers, Plot 10 Kafu Road, Nakasero,
P.O. Box 7501, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline