Job Title: Regional Hub Manager
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
SolarNow is a distribution and finance company that sells high quality solar product and appliances to households and businesses in Uganda. The company started in 2011 and has since opened 36 branches throughout Uganda, employs around 250 people. Expansion into other countries is planned for 2016.
Job Summary: The Regional Hub Manager is the leader of a regional hub region and reports to the Chief Operations Officer. The Sales Department contains a Corporate Desk and several regional sales divisions (currently 12) with several shops (currently 36 in total), both expected to expand. The branch team leaders of these branches report to the Regional Sales Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the Regional Hub achieves its targets
· Develop the demands of the company and its target groups
· Prepare, follow-up and review of financial budgets
· The incumbent will monitor the implementation of operational and performance objectives
· Accountable for all daily operations of the Regional Hub (RH) and associated Market Hubs
· Ensure that operating processes and procedures are maintained and continually improved guaranteeing a streamlined, customer orientated business
· Regularly monitor and evaluate the performance of the warehouse and credit Officers at the Hub branch.
· Prepare reports stating the progress of the regional Hub related activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate should preferably hold a BSc and MSc/MBA degree at an accredited university.
· The applicant must hold possess at least five years of operational management experience in a medium sized company, three of which in a related position.
· Proven track record of success delivering measurable processes/operations to drive high-growth
· You are someone who cares deeply about improving lives in Africa.
· You bring more than passion to the role: you have the grit and resilience to do this work.
· You are a natural leader able to guide decentralized sales teams to set and achieve their targets, while working in a complex, constantly changing and resource-constrained environment. You love to make people around you perform better by constant training and coaching, however you lack tolerance for under-performance.
· You are a problem-solver, a direct and candid communicator, excited about being hands-on without getting lost in the weeds.
· Strong business acumen: ability to set direction, to develop and implement adequate operational and managerial processes from scratch that are aligned with SolarNow’s strategy
· Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, memoranda and email
· Proven record of leadership, budget management, collaboration and engaging at senior levels
· The applicant must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail, accuracy and quality at all times
· Proven ability to inspire and lead a large team, coach and develop individuals
· Challenging status quo – there is always a better way
· Not accepting mediocrity – stimulate people to perform, replace underperformers
· A leader – you are persuasive, fair, are an example yourself and don’t hesitate to self-reflect
· Focus on big things – no time for micro management
· “Just do it” approach – quickly fixes problems by doing good root cause analysis, solution finding and translating to implementation
· Trust is good, control is better – systematically checks compliance with plans and procedures
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail, email@example.com, including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 1st November, 2016