Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange with over 6,483 shareholders, including high value international institutional investors. Umeme operates under a concession with a structural monopoly in the distribution of electricity across Uganda, distributing 99% of electricity in Uganda through a single buyer model.
Job Summary: The Quality Assurance Manager will be tasked with the development and maintenance of Umeme’s engineering standards, materials standards and engineering quality management systems. The jobholder will work towards delivery of the ISO Asset management system 55000 schedule and manage quality inspections and hand over processes from contractors. The incumbent will work closely with engineering managers and contracts Division in materials management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure that all new assets meet Umeme’s Standards before reception.
· Develop and manage Network Construction quality checking programme and procedures for Umeme Construction works, Contractor construction works and 3rd Party Network handover.
· The QA Manager will develop and maintain engineering standards, drawings, work procedures and work instructions.
· Specify material standards and keep updated materials specifics bank for engineering and ensuring that materials procured and supplied, meet these standards.
· Develop and manage a quality management document control system
· Actively contribute to Asset Development and Management Strategies.
· Develop and maintaining Engineering tools and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) quality management system.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Quality Assurance Manager job placement should hold a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
· At least five to ten years’ experience in electricity distribution network and familiarity with materials and operating methods.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should fill in the application form online at the link below clearly arguing suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience.
Deadline: Monday 17th October, 2016 by 17:00 Hours.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline