Job Title: Project Formulation Engineer
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Project Formulation
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Project Formulation Engineer will actively participate in project formulation comprising preparation of concept notes, scope statements, pre-feasibility studies and preparation of project profiles. In addition, the project Engineer will participate in project appraisals with development partners, preparation of the relevant reports and documentation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct project identification and initiation in line with the strategic plan and departmental guidelines and targets;
· Actively participate in preparation of funding proposals for planned projects in line with departmental targets and guidelines;
· Perform project appraisals in line with departmental guidelines and targets;
· Actively participate in contract management in line with departmental guidelines and standards;
· Respond to audit reports in line with departmental guidelines and standards;
· Develop a risk matrix and put in place risk mitigation measures in the projects;
· Participate in Planning, budgeting and reporting in line with departmental guidelines and targets.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Project Formulation Engineer career opportunity should hold a Honors Degree in Civil Engineering or any other relevant field;
· Possession of a Post Graduate qualifications in Project Planning, or any other relevant field will be an added advantage;
· At least three years’ experience in project formulation and management.
· Computer literacy skills are mandatory
· Impeccable level of integrity;
· Proven track record of outstanding performance;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Excellent oral and written communication skill
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline