Job Title: Program Support Officer, Emergency Response
Organisation: Samaritan’s Purse
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Logistics Manager
Samaritan’s Purse is an international Christian relief and development organization meeting the critical needs of victims of war, poverty, natural disaster, famine and disease with the aim of sharing God’s love.
Job Summary: The Program Support Officer, Emergency Response will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of Procurement and logistics for SP South Sudan from Uganda as well as support SP Uganda Operations as needed. He/she will be required to effectively manage ongoing procurement and logistics activities and ensure timely and efficient delivery of goods and supplies to South Sudan. In addition, he/she will be expected to maintaining excellent working relationship with both Logistics/Procurement team and country-level senior management staff.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage all procurement activities, maintaining accurate financial records, updating vendor and/or supplier lists and providing advice for Sudan based teams.
· Receive procurement requests, complete purchase orders and verify delivery of items.
· Ensure compliance with Samaritan’s Purse procurement policies.
· Offer support to South Sudan & Uganda country office for issues related to procurement, vendor relations, etc.
· Prepare weekly procurement tracking reports for the South Sudan Logistician-Large Procurement Coordinator.
· Create and maintain an up to date vendor database.
· Ensure that local market surveys are regularly carried out, to ensure a full knowledge of the availability and price of goods.
· Logistics Support:Ensure timely delivery of items to South Sudan, including arranging transport options both by land and air as needed.
· Coordinate and process timely payment of vendors.
· Ensure quality control, specification conformity, Weight & volume assessment, monitoring and verification of Food Commodity deliveries.
· Carry out loading supervision of all supplies and commodities.
· Reporting: Collect and compile data for commodity report.
· Capture information, and coordinate the management of the supply chain ensuring that staff are well-informed and well-prepared for incoming goods and material.
· Maintain accurate filing systems, with documented and supported records of action for audit purposes, and provide logistics reports to the South Sudan Program.
· Proactively coordinate and directly manage and track all goods and supplies, equipment, material and food in transit through to its receipt and storage in South Sudan,
· Coordinate and process all customs duties pertaining to cargo and cross-border activities
· Oversee and assist in all general administrative support activities for South Sudan program staff and partners, including banking, travel arrangements (Visas, airlines/airport pickup, road, and hotel reservations), conferences, workshops, meetings, seminars, and assemblies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Program Support Officer, Emergency Response job placement must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/Purchasing and Supply Chain and/ or any other related Business Degree
· Possess at least a certificate in Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS),
· At least three years’ experience in Procurement and Logistics work preferably in a reputable international organization or Business institution.
· Be highly dynamic, personable and a team player
· Broad knowledge of the new PPDA Procedures and working knowledge of the PPDA Process; knowledge of the Customs regulations and procedures.
· Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in s Excel, Ms Word, Ms Database and Outlook
· Fluent written and oral English
· A successful candidate should be a Person of sound integrity with ability to demonstrate maturity, honesty, commitment and working under minimum supervision.
· Keen attention to detail
· Good analytical skills and a fast learner.
· All applicants must be strong Christians and agree with and uphold the values and objectives of the organization to be considered for these positions.
· Willingness to work flexible hours (e.g. evenings/ weekends) when necessary to fulfill urgent procurement.
· Willingness to travel to the field to conduct Rapid Assessments when required.
· Willingness to perform any further duties as designated by the Logistician or Logistics Manager.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV, covering letter and relevant documentation via email to HR: Ugandahr@samaritan.org or hand deliver to Samaritan’s Purse offices, Plot 11 Luthuli drive, Bugolobi. Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: Friday, 4th November, 2016 by 5:00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline