Job Title: Nursing Officer (Nursing)
Organisation: Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Principal
Ref. No: GC/UPIK/2016/01
Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba (UPIK) was established by the Statutory instrument No. 31 of 2011: The Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Acts, 2006 (Establishment of Uganda Petroleum Institute, Kigumba) in July, 2011. The mandate of UPIK is to provide a world-class education in geosciences and petroleum engineering in order to support and advance the petroleum and energy sectors in Uganda, East Africa and beyond.
Job Summary: The Nursing Officer (Nursing) will provide quality nursing services and public healthcare interventions to patients and the community.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will receive, examine and provide treatment to patients.
· Maintain proper records of administered drugs and patience treated.
· Ensure constant supplies of drugs to the Institute’s clinic.
· Direct referral cases to appropriate medical centre/facility.
· The jobholder will share information on Primary Health care to students.
· Maintain a clean and healthy environment for patients by practicing sterile procedures and safe disposal of medical wastes.
· Prepare and submit periodical medical reports to the principal.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant should preferably hold a Nursing Certificate. Possession of a Diploma in Health Services Administration or Health Services Management from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
· Must be trained at a registered level from a recognized Nursing Training Institution.
· The jobholder must also be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council
· At minimum of three years of related work experience
· Guidance and counseling skills
· Concern for quality and standards;
· Ethics and integrity;
· Time management
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should submit in triplicate, their hand-written applications, clearly indicating telephone and email contacts. The signed application should bear the title of the post as well as the reference number specified against the post together with copies of certified academic documents, up to date CV and relevant supporting documents showing your experience. The application should be addressed to the Secretary, Governing Council, Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba, P. O. Box 167, Bweyale- Kiryandongo and be hand-delivered at the UPIK Reception in Kigumba. Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the deadline for submission.
Deadline: 11th November, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline