Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and childe development services.
Job Summary: The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the human resource function for the central based technical and administrative staff for the Project. He/she will be responsible for managing staff contracts, benefits, and payroll in compliance with USAID and URC regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage the implementation of the URC Uganda Human Resource management standard operating procedures.
· The incumbent will develop and manage contracts, files, and payroll processes for project staff.
· Ensure adherence to local labor laws and practices and support staff enrollment in local benefit plans as appropriate.
· Tasked with advising management on local labor law related issues and changes thereof.
· Support new staff orientation, onboarding and other HR initiatives.
· Act as the primary point of contact for the staff medical and group personal accident insurance service providers. This includes ensuring that all staff are covered at all times while on URC/ RHITES EC employment.
· Serve as primary contact person for all project staff to ensure HR support is provided.
· Coordinate recruitment process by advertising vacancies, collecting CVs, screening candidates, and setting up interviews for selected applicants with the relevant staff on the project.
· The incumbent will facilitate orientation of new employees and ensure that the URC and USAID rules/ policies/procedures are well understood by all staff, providing guidance as necessary.
· Facilitate the separation of employees due to resignation, termination and ensure that all the necessary exit documentation is completed.
· Oversee proper reporting of labor time and ensure the timely submission of electronic and paper timesheets, and the timely completion and submission of Labor Adjustment Forms, when needed
· Keenly track and record staff leave providing updates to staff on the same.
· Coordinate the staff appraisal and performance evaluation process
· Establish and maintain the project/personnel paper and electronic files. Keep files in an organized, orderly manner so that records can be referred to and deciphered clearly in the event of an audit or need for historical information.
· Perform any other tasks as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Human Resources Coordinator job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human resources with Advanced degree in Organizational psychology
· At least five to seven years’ experience working in an NGO or business environment with demonstrated Human Resources Management experience and high level of responsibility and integrity
· Demonstrated ability to work in teams
· Ability to multi-task in a high-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, particularly as related to report development
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with excellent MS Word and Excel skills
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline