Job Title: Mechanical Supervisor
Organisation: Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Mechanical Engineer
The Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) was established by an Act of Parliament; The Uganda National Authority Act, No. 15 of 2006. UNRA became operational on 1st July 2008. The mandate of UNRA is to develop and maintain the national roads network, advise Government on general roads policy and contribute to addressing of transport concerns, among others.
Job Summary: The Mechanical Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining plant and equipment fleet of the Authority at the Station. This will involve planning for repairs and maintenance, preparation of specifications for bidding documents, supervision of major repair works, preparation of plant and equipment status report for the Station, maintaining a schedule of deployment, supervision of mechanics, fleet assistants and plant attendants, inspection and completion report for major repairs done.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will plan and budget for equipment maintenance and repairs at the station in line with approved mechanical departmental work plan;
· In charge of the supervision and maintenance of plant and equipment at the station in line with UNRA procedure and work plan;
· The Mechanical Supervisor will oversee major repairs of plant and equipment in line with UNRA policy and procedure;
· Supervise updating of UNRA equipment management system;
· Responding to station audit reports and implementing agreed recommendations;
· Manage performance and develop direct reports in line with the performance management system of UNRA.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the UNRA Mechanical Supervisor job vacancy should hold a Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering;
· At least two years’ experience in maintenance of plant and equipment.
· Computer literacy skills
· High level of integrity;
· Proven track record of outstanding performance;
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
· Excellent interpersonal, particularly staff/management relations;
· Ability to deliver accurate results in a timely manner and in an environment with multiple and challenging tasks.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below. Please follow the instructions at the link below.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline