Job Title: Community Development Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Children and Youth Skills Development
Duty Station: Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Community Development Assistant will facilitate the implementation of the Youth Viability project in the refugee settlements and host communities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will facilitate community sensitization and mapping of adolescents and youth to enroll for skills development education
· Offer support to community systems, youth groups and stake holders in advocating for youth participation in existing programs through dialogues at sub county/district local government levels.
· Actively facilitate the integration of youth viability activities with within the existing youth participation forums at the child friendly spaces and other platforms in the refugee settlements and host communities
· Handle visitors including donors, support office and national office staff, stakeholders, in line with the child protection policy and behavioral protocol.
· Work closely with youth and communities to design and deliver skills development and link trained youth with existing youth engagements and participation forums for mentorship.
· Provide information for projects design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
· Mobilize communities including youth and key stakeholders at the skills development institutes for feedback and review meetings.
· Support youths, community systems, and stakeholders with knowledge on existing youth training opportunities, institutions, investment opportunities and linkages with existing local artisans.
· Collect and compile statistical data and information regarding youth and community participation in the project.
· Mobiles communities to identify youth with disabilities to participate in the project implementation.
· Facilitate progress of activity implementation to ensure highest quality standards and accountability based on LEAP framework, the IASC and WVI standards.
· Develop regular monthly, quarterly and annual project management reports.
· Prepare detailed implementation plans based on approved and funded proposals and submit to social protection coordinator for approval
Financial Management Budget control and Monitoring:
· Prepare concepts notes, project activity budgets, expenditure, and preparation of activity quarterly financial and narrative reports as per the grant guidelines. And submit them within the agreed timeframes.
· In charge of the preparation of payment, advance and purchase requests for appropriate project transactions in line with approved M&E documents.
· File all accountability and attendance lists in line with audit requirements
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision Community Development Assistant employee should hold a bachelor’s degree in social sciences, education or any equivalent.
· One year of experience working with refugees in an education or livelihood sector.
· Must be ready to work in a multi-cultural environment
· Broad knowledge of implementation on child friendly spaces, peace building, education in emergencies and psychosocial care
· Appropriate communication skill and approachable
· Must have no history of violation of child protection in emergencies
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline