Job Title: Office Management Officer
Organisation: University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Project Name: USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) Project
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
About USAID RHITES-EC Project:
University Research Co., LLC (URC) is implementing the USAID Regional Health Integration to Enhance Health Services in East Central Uganda Project (USAID/Uganda RHITES-EC) whose aim is to support the implementation of a comprehensive integrated investment in regional health, nutritional assistance and HIV/AIDS programs. The five-year project targets 11 districts in East Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, nutrition, HIV / AIDS and child development services.
Job Summary: The Office Management Officer will be mainly responsible for the thorough oversight of the office administrative function, ensuring day-to-day office operations run smoothly, including management of meetings and events, adherence to safety and security policies and procedures, and facility maintenance and repairs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Thorough oversight of the office administrative function, ensuring day-to-day office operations run smoothly, including management of meetings and events, adherence to safety and security policies and procedures, and facility maintenance and repairs
· In charge of the supervision of office administrative support staff, including Administrative Assistants-stores cleaner and security guard/custodian. This also covers overseeing the out-sourced security service and the cleaning/ garbage collection Company.
· Responsible for the management of leases and agreements for services e.g. office lease, security agreement, garbage collection/ cleaning agreement etc.
· Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes
· The Office Management Officer will also manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, the client, other partners, and stakeholders
· Ensure all incoming telephone calls are answered, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages
· Ensure that office supplies are purchased, stored and distributed
· Ensure timely settlement of office related bills including those for utilities
· Provide support in making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities
· Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors
· The incumbent will request for petty cash transactions for the office related costs
· Perform any other responsibility assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the USAID RHITES-EC Office Management Officer job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Management, Business, community & social works, Social Science, or other relevant field.
· A minimum of two (2) years of relevant professional experience in office administration.
· Computer literacy i.e. knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software desired
· Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable
· Ability to assess problems and develop solutions desired
· Excellent inter-personal communication skills
· Excellent organization skills
· Preference for candidates who have experience that relates to USAID-funded projects or other international development experience desired
· Fluency in both oral and written English is desired
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the USAID RHITES EC Project should send an updated CV/Résumé, cover letter and completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, download here and send to: to HR-RHITES-EC@urc-chs.com
Deadline: 21st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline