Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The EVACiCS Design, Monitoring, & Evaluation Officer will offer timely technical support to the WVU programmes and projects on program/project planning, design, monitoring, evaluation, operations research and documentation in line with WV policies, standards and strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Build capacity of project staff and partners on WV Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, and development programming approaches.
· Carry out collection of primary and secondary data, and analysis to inform assessment for potential interventions in the target communities; special studies/operation research studies required to improve WV Uganda programs.
· Take lead of project staff, partners and target communities/beneficiaries in participatory program re/design approaches; coordinate implementation of baselines and evaluations according to WV DME framework.
· Develop and administer performance monitoring tools to track program indicators; in line with the program implementation and M&E plans.
· Establish and maintain project/indicator M&E databases; as well as the programme level standardized M&E indicator database aligned to the NO Strategy results framework.
· Conduct routine data quality assessment on program/project monitoring data collected including that collected by partners/sub grantees before it is used for reporting.
· Compile program data reports to inform evidence based decision making at program levels; and for use in preparation of program quarterly reports, semi/annual management reports; and for dissemination to ADP and project team members, National Office, Support Office/Donors, District, and other partners as necessary.
· Work closely with the local government technical officers and partners to leverage use of the program information system; and the district/local government information management systems e.g., OVCMIS,
· The incumbent will document best practices, lesson learned and success stories about WV Uganda programs and project interventions in the Cluster.
· Take lead in the review, learning and reflection meetings in Clusters on project implementation and evaluations.
· Lead implementation of WV Partnership and WV Uganda strategic initiatives to improve quality of DME for programs in the programme, e.g., Adoption of GIS Solutions, LQAS methodology, alignment of programs/projects to CWBT, etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The prospective World Vision EVACiCS Design, Monitoring, & Evaluation Officer employee should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a development discipline.
· A minimum of three years’ experience with international organizations in research, monitoring and evaluation of, and reporting on complex (development) programs.
· Broad knowledge of and experience with a range of M&E tools and techniques, including ability to develop effective systems for data collection, analysis and dissemination.
· Show commitment to M&E sustainability and building central and local capacity by providing technical assistance, training and supervision.
· Computer literacy i.e. excellent command of MS Excel, and working knowledge of at least two statistical data management packages/software (quantitative & qualitative) e.g., SPSS, Nvivo/Nudist
· Must be able to work in a team and be prepared to lead and train subordinates
· Ability to work with inter-disciplinary teams and a wide range of program/project activities.
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· Computer literacy skills
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 31st October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline