Job Title: Head of Finance
Organization: Q-Sourcing Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Q-Sourcing Limited is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda and South Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strategy and Planning:
· Formulate and implement Q-Sourcing Business Plan, strategy and Budget in line with Board direction to support corporate strategy.
· Regularly monitor progress towards achievement of Business Plan, drawing attention to important trends, and opportunities to maximize income, reduce cost and mitigate risk.
· In charge of the development and enforcement of policies, procedures and in internal control framework;
· Develop financial policies, systems and procedures, communicate these to affected parties and monitor to ensure compliance.
· Enforce financial discipline across Q-Sourcing and ensure all units/departments operate within laid down financial policy framework & budgets.
· Financial and management reporting, tax planning:
· Ensure financial records, statements and returns are prepared in accordance with statutory, regulatory and IFRS requirements, and in accordance with Q-Sourcing Standards, procedures and schedules.
· Ensure effective management of Q-Sourcing’s operational financial capital and balance sheet structures including funding, liquidity, currency and market risks etc.
· The jobholder will manage Q-Sourcing’s capital expenditure and projects program in line with Business Plan and in accordance with financial guidelines and contribute fully to their implementation.
· Ensure Tax affairs of Q-sourcing are planned and managed so as to optimize its position.
· Documentation: Regularly update of procedural documentation (procedures manual) in line with changes in operating processes
· General ledger maintenance: Monitor usage of accounts
· Leadership of the finance function: Provide strong leadership to the finance function, manage and develop skills, professionalism and careers of the Finance staff.
· Investment analysis and advice: Provide financial expertise, advice, and independence to Business & project heads. For example on Business proposal decisions, controls effectiveness, tax matters, etc.
· Statutory and regulatory compliance: Compliance with statutory bodies for instance the URA, NSSF, KCCA etc.
· Shareholder and Board engagement: Reporting to Board and other stakeholders including shareholder, lenders, etc
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant must preferably hold be a University graduate in Accounting or Finance.
· Fully qualified in accounting profession with a recognized institute (ACCA, CPA, and CIMA) with at least two years post-qualification experience.
· Knowledge of IFRS and Ugandan tax legislation, and Financial Institutions Act (FIA) 2004.
· Sound knowledge of Finance Management and Controls.
· Industry knowledge of finance and consultancy
· Systems and applications skills.
· Ability to function at the detail level whilst bearing the big picture in mind.
· Computer literacy with proficiency in spreadsheets and accounting software.
· High integrity and strong character.
· Tact, swiftness and attention to detail are a MUST
· Good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to supervise and coach others.
· Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
· Proactive self-starter with strong organisational and time management skills.
· Ability to engage at Board level
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs including three referees (two of whom should have been direct supervisors) to our e-mail to: email@example.com
Address all your applications to:
Human Resources Office,
Q-Sourcing Limited (U),
Plot 14/16 Semawata Road, Ntinda
P.O. Box 12883, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Note: Please kindly mark your application as "Application _ Head of Finance” In the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 14th October 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline