Job Title: Director Technical Support Services
Organization: Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) has been put in place as recommended in the National, Oil and Gas policy of Uganda and in accordance with Section 9 of the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act 2013. The mandate of the PAU is to regulate the oil and gas sector in Uganda including ensuring that petroleum operations in Uganda are carried out in accordance with the relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, statutes and in line with international petroleum industry best practice.
Job Summary: The Director Technical Support Services will be responsible for the Technical Support Services Directorate and will report to the Executive Director (ED) of the Authority. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing the Authority’s mandate in the areas of Cost Monitoring; Petroleum Economics; Health Safety, Security & Environment (HSSE); National Content Development; together with Petroleum Data Management & Information Communication Technology (ICT).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for initiating and budgeting for the activities of the Technical Support Services Directorate.
· Ensure the development and implementation of processes necessary for the effective monitoring of the costs of petroleum operations in Uganda.
· Responsible for monitoring and advising on costs aspects of petroleum operations of the licensees in Uganda.
· Support the ED during costs recovery audits by the Office of the Auditor General and other relevant institutions.
· Take part in technical meetings and Advisory Committee Meetings (ACM) between the Authority and licensees.
· Responsible for ascertaining the cost oil or gas due to licensees.
· Responsible for ensuring that economic modelling of Production Sharing Agreements and other projects in Uganda’s oil and gas sector are undertaken with a view to support evaluation and decision-making of different aspects of the petroleum value chain including taxation, pipelines and transportation tariffs.
· Ensure appropriate liaison between the Authority and other Government and non-Governmental Agencies with regard to environment, occupational safety and economic projections among others.
· Responsible for monitoring and advising on the implementation of National Content development requirements in Uganda’s petroleum sector.
· Guide the ED on the requirements for Petroleum Data Management & ICT, including; Regulations, Standards, Best Practices and the required Resources.
· Ensure the development and implementation j of the strategies and policies necessary for petroleum data management and ICT operations in line with the strategic goals of the Authority.
· In charge of monitoring and advising on the policies, legislation and implementation of cost monitoring, HSSE and national content development in oil and gas operations.
· Perform any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicant for the Petroleum Authority Director Technical Support Services career opportunity must hold a Master’s degree in Petroleum Geosciences, Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Economics/Finance, or Petroleum HSSE from an internationally recognised University.
· A Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Engineering, Environment, Physical Sciences or related discipline from an internationally recognised institution.
· At least ten years’ relevant working experience in the oil and gas sector, 7 years of which should be in a busy and well organized institution.
· Previous experience in working in a leadership role in an organization/ business unit/project with diverse professionals.
· An Internationally Recognised qualification in Management, Law, Economics or Business Administration.
· Internationally recognised professional qualifications or membership of internationally recognised professional bodies in the areas of Economics/Finance; Cost Management; Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE); and Data Management.
· Good Knowledge of the policies, laws, regulations and guidelines regarding management of costs, National Content, HSSE, Data management and ICT in Uganda.
· Innovative and with a proven high level of integrity.
· Ability to work independently and in a team.
· Proven track record of outstanding performance.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Possess good administrative and negotiation skills.
· Good track record of training and mentoring others.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Proficiency in the relevant computer packages.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their download this form, Click Here and fill it in indicating the telephone and email contacts for both the applicant and three reputable referees. The signed applications together with copies of certified academic and professional qualifications should be addressed and submitted in triplicate to the following address;
The Executive Director,
Petroleum Authority of Uganda (PAU) Liaison Office Room B 416,
4th floor Amber House,
Plot 29/33, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7270, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 31st October, 2016 by 5:00PM
NB: Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will be accepted as long as they are received before the above-mentioned deadline for submission. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline