Job Title: Customer Relationship Officer
Organisation: Victoria University (VU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Victoria University is a state-of-the- art world class cosmopolitan university located in the heart of Kampala with a multi-cultural student population and are licensed and accredited by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), offering the best practical and high quality education in the regional markets. Victoria University stands out as a pivot of academic excellence, with a fresh and intellectually thriving environment that nurtures critical and progressive thinkers. Our programmes include: - Foundation Program; Certificate & Short Courses, Diploma Courses; Under Graduate Programs, Executive & Professional Programs such as IP3 Accredited Certifications.
Job Summary: The Customer Relationship Officer is primarily responsible for office support, general administrative and clerical functions including efficient and professional managing of visitors, customers, telephone calls and messages as well as variety of clerical duties and information management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information; attend to client’s requirements and complaints.
· Effective and efficient management of incoming and outgoing telephone calls / messages;
· Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities
· The Customer Relationship Officer will maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
· The incumbent will be keeping a record of parcels received;
· In charge of receiving and directing visitors to the respective officers/offices to maintain order;
· Ensuring that the front office area is clean and tidy;
· Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system;
· Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondences.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Customer Relationship Officer should preferably hold a bachelor's degree in Social sciences or Humanities from a recognized institution;
· At least three years’ experience in recording, demonstrating strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
· Excellent verbal and written communication; able to clearly articulate ideas and instructions;
· Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills;
· Keen attention to details and commitment to quality;
· Effective at multi-tasking and time-management - able to work independently and handle multiple projects;
· Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in using Microsoft office;
· Smartness and Tidy.
· Highly Professional.
· Customer focused.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application together with the following:
· A detailed, signed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae of the plus names and contacts of three referees.
· Copies of the candidate’s academic documents.
The sealed applications must be marked as “CONFIDENTIAL”: POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR on the top right-hand corner of the envelope that must be forwarded or delivered to reach the University Secretary, P.O. Box 30866, Kampala.
E-mail applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 4th October 2016 by 04.00 pm East African time
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline