Job Title: Communications Officer
Organisation: Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Communications Manager
Job Ref No: CM002
The Agricultural Business Initiative (aBi), a group of registered companies namely aBi Trust and aBi Finance Ltd, is a multi-stakeholder entity co-founded in July 2010 by the Governments of Uganda and Denmark through DANIDA and the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development respectively, with the objective to promote “Private sector agribusiness development to enhance wealth creation.” The development objective of the aBi Trust is building a self-sustaining export-led economy in which the benefits are shared by all Ugandans, and its immediate objective is to strengthen the competitiveness of Uganda’s agricultural and agro-processing sector. It does this through Value Chain Development (VCD) of six value chains (Coffee, Cereals, Pulses, Horticulture, Dairy and Oil Seeds) and Financial Services Development (FSD).
Job Summary: The Communications Officer will provide support to the technical team and aBi as a whole by ensuring the relevant analysis, content development and stakeholder/ media houses management results in positioning of aBi as a critical facilitator and expert in the sector, and increases the awareness about its purpose / achievements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Plan, organise and coordinate aBi’s Communication & advocacy events and campaigns supporting the implementation of the Advocacy, Influencing & Communication plan.
· The incumbent will regularly review the operations and communication plan to fully appreciate the events/ external conferences/ etc and the associated needs
· Formulate the implementation plan for all signed off events ensuring that all logistics, marketing, etc is managed in a timely manner.
· Work closely with the Administration Officer to ensure that all procurements required for communication events are planned and available when required.
· Ensure that invitations, public awareness, adverts are made in a timely manner to the correct audience.
· Work in liaison with marketing suppliers ensure that branding material meets the standards and specifications of aBi.
· Support information exchange visits that show stakeholders possibilities for effective agri-business practices (focused on aBi’s value chains).
· Regularly review the operations and communication plan to fully appreciate the events/ external conferences/ etc and the associated needs
Updating of aBi’s Website, working with the technical team to ensure accurate information is uploaded and queries/ comments are provided with the appropriate response.
· Actively participate in the generation of website content (both text and pictures) alongside the aBi technical teams so as to capture / appreciate data/ information required to update the website.
· Support aBi communication culture by consistently following up on content approvals by management prior to dissemination for all media platforms.
· Participate in the innovation and review of website enhancement strategies and ensure that all ideas for improvement are implemented (working with 3rd party if required)
· Regularly monitor the website and social media for consistency in the content matter and graphic design.
· Scan for website functionality issues and make recommendations for improvements, particularly related to the automated grants management system.
· In charge of analysing feedback and other collected data from communication activities.
Provide administrative support to the organisation by coordinating the collection of reports, publications, case studies and presentations; distribution of communication and administrative management of Communications data/ information:
· Actively participate in the implementation of the communications plan by monitoring the schedule of activities and supporting team members through reminders and follow up.
· Support the Communications Manager in the development of scheduled reports for presentation etc.
· Work with the internal technical team develop and maintain a databases for media contacts and other influencing stakeholders.
· Distribute press releases and following-up with the media houses when announcing updates/ achievements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication
· Member of Public Relations Association Uganda
· A minimum of five years of related work experience in a media environment
· Previous experience in Marketing (particularly brand management and awareness)
· Good understanding of information technology and the role of social media in modern marketing
· Proven experience of developing good public relationships and working with media houses
· Demonstrated skills in logistics management and coordination
· Highly developed writing and creativity skills, capable of developing content for promotional materials in a compelling and effective way
· Demonstrated ability to manage events – experience in publicity campaigns
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online by clicking on link below and following the instructions.
Deadline: 11th November 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline