Job Title: Business Manager - Advertising
Organisation: Monitor Publications Limited (MPL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Commercial Manager - Print
Monitor Publications Limited (MPL), a Nation Media Group Company is Uganda's most influential media house, operating The Daily Monitor, Saturday Monitor and Sunday Monitor newspapers, 93.3KFM, 90.4 Dembe FM, Nation Couriers and the Monitor Business Directory.
Job Summary: The Business Manager – Advertising will design, develop and implement a sales strategy that will ensure that the business achieves its revenue targets for the assigned sector and to manage the performance of the sales team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent designs and implements strategies that grow the sector through customer growth and retention across all sectors and drive revenue growth.
· Designs work plans that exploit the market place and guide the sales team in there day today sales activities.
· Mentors and coaches the team and regularly carry’s out performance management reviews as per Monitor Publications Ltd guidelines.
· Tracks the sales team performance on a daily, weekly and monthly and regularly communicates the status of their performance.
· Conducts regular sales meetings with staff to review sales progress and maintain good employee relations to ensure the highest degree of retention, morale and discipline.
· Conducts regular client list reviews and discusses with Business Executives potential new clients.
· Ensures Sales contracts are in place with the appropriate clients and identifies their associates and follows up and resolves any complaints and keeps the Commercial Manager informed.
· Maintains close liaison with relevant departments and makes monthly sales and collection reports to the Commercial Manager.
· Coordinates activities with the Commercial Manager and other managers and achieves teamwork in the department and enhances the cross functional potential.
· Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the line manager from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the MPL Business Manager - Advertising job should hold a bachelor’s degree in any business-related course or equivalent business or sales management. Post graduate qualifications will be an added advantage
· A minimum of five years of relevant sales experience in an FMCG industry as well as proven experience in meeting targets and managing people
· Computer literacy especially in PowerPoint, Word and Spreadsheets.
· Ability to develop and communicate a clear strategy
· Strong proposal writing skills
· Strong customer focus, good business acumen, results oriented attitude and good communication skills (oral & written)
· Good coaching skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications, detailed CVs and academic documents with daytime telephone number via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 14th October 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline