Job Title: Finance Business Partner-Business Banking
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Business Performance & Analytics
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. UK. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Finance Business Partner - Business Banking will support Barclays Bank in the management of the business performance reporting of the Business banking function so as to ensure the delivery of business financial targets and acts as points of contact for Business People covering the Commercial Function.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Business Partnering: 90%
- Oversees the business performance reporting of the Business banking function to support delivery of financial targets.
- Carry out regular communications with the assigned business function on issues relating to business performance and financial targets, provide commentary & improvement initiatives.
- Provide the assigned function with information required to enhance the business strategy
- In charge of compiling weekly performance trackers, account opening trackers, utilizations and Asset and Liability Data for the business.
- Compile and circulate segmental reports (e.g. Trade, Cash Management, Custody, SME, local business, premier etc) to the business.
- Participate in the RAF, MTP & STP process for the assigned function providing analytical support of drivers and processes of the plans
- Responsible for the preparation of ALCO inputs that relate to the assigned business function
- Carry out Revenue Assurance for the assigned function on a monthly to ensure income leakage is managed.
- Track assigned function balance sheet providing daily, weekly balance sheet movements and variance analysis.
- Manage the assigned function financial operational processes and act a s a point of contact for that business on issues concerning undercharged interest and tracking refunds on overcharges
- Keenly analyze and provide monthly detailed analysis of actual achievements against STP targets both at individual (branch managers/relationship managers) and segment levels.
- Provide historical individual and segmental performance facts necessary for objective performance goal setting that drives business performance.
2. Contribution to the Team: 5%
- The incumbent will deputize for the Head of Management Reporting when required.
- Provide honest, direct and constructive feedback to fellow team members.
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with team members and other Finance colleagues.
3. Personal Development: 5%
- Pursue your own development to increase personal effectiveness and acknowledge strengths and areas of development.
- Set annual performance development objectives with the Head of Management Reporting.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank Finance Business Partner - Business Banking should hold a university degree in Accounting or Finance Or full Professional qualification in Accounting such as ACCA or ACIB qualified with strong accounting background
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of short, medium and long term strategies, goals and objectives
- Detailed knowledge of Management Accounting
- Detailed understanding of Managing for Value reporting
- Excellent computer skills and other Analytical tools- TM1
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product set and services of Corporate, Treasury and Retail portfolios
- Detailed understanding of customer segmentation and service principles
- Good knowledge of commercial/retail and competitor environment
- An appreciation of the external economic, political, legal and regulatory environment and their impact to the business.
- Skills in Financial Management Control and Analysis
- High business awareness
- Quality conscious
- Team result
- Excellent analytical skills and focus
- High degree of integrity
- Forward Thinking
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: email@example.com
Deadline: 31st October 2016