Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Organisation: Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource & Administration Manager
Micro-Haem Scientifics and Medical Supplies Limited mandate is supply of high quality pharmaceutical and medical products (consumables and equipment) of latest technology in Uganda and E. Africa; Manufacture Drugs and Medical Devices/Instruments; Operate the Microhaem Medical Equipment Training School (offer training, research, capacity building programmes, establish incubation centre; collaborate with and outsource medical professionals from related training institutions globally); run curriculum that meets international standards); and engage in maintenance, servicing and repairing of medical equipment.
Job Summary: The Front Desk Officer will carry out receptionist and clerical duties at the front desk of our main entrance. The incumbent will be the “face” of the company for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make; manage the reception desk of the company and provide clerical support to the administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The jobholder will keep the reception area is tidy, attractive and welcoming to clients and visitors, and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
· Perform the function of a link between front desk and the management
· Maintain co-ordination & good communication with other departments of the Company
· Handle a variety of matters including managed care, insurance, collections, operational and customer service issues
· Greet and welcome guests
· Answer questions and address complaints
· Facilitate/ Resolve guest problems quickly, efficiently & courteously
· Answer the incoming telephone calls, take and relay messages, respond to phone inquiries and make calls/and redirect them or keep messages.
· Receive letters, packages etc. sort out and distribute them
· Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc
· Check, sort and forward emails
· Regularly monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary
· Type, photocopy, scan and file documents appropriately
· Verify and take delivery of supplies, including flowers, newspapers and office supplies ensuring the accuracy of the delivery notes.
· Receive and direct visitors, make and confirm appointments as requested.
· Ensures that the notice boards are updated and well maintained with current events and staff notices.
· Provide support to the administration by entering data or by doing other clerical work.
· Keep updated records and files
· Monitor office expenses and costs eg stationery, utilities, consumables etc
· Responsible for travel arrangement schedules for employees in the company and visitors from abroad.
· Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time
Key Results Areas:
· Improved customer care and administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations
· Front desk records maintained, reports prepared and submitted
· Customer needs identified and appropriate solutions offered
· Incoming documents and mails appropriately handled and responded
· Safe custody and proper usage of front desk equipment ensured
· Daily Office services properly coordinated at all times.
· Frontline customer services (registration, cashiering, handling appointments and enquiries) properly and appropriately delivered
· Customers/clients, visitors and staff well received and assisted
· Secretarial/Administration services provided to the department
· Safe handling of company utilities, supplies and equipment/property ensured
· Clean and safe office environment ensured
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate for the Front Desk Officer job opportunity must hold a Degree in English, Hospitality, Business, IT, Languages, Information science, Secretarial, Administration/Management or any related subjects from a recognised institution
· A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar function; Previous clerical, secretarial or commercial work experience is essential.
· Customer service orientation
· The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined.
· Ability to deal with complaints and give accurate information.
· A customer-oriented approach is essential
· Experience in a reputable business organisation is an added advantage.
· Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word), Desktop publishing, Outlook and the Internet
· Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
· Familiarity with office machines (e.g. fax, printer, computer, scan etc.)
· Knowledge of office management
· Proficient in English (oral and written)
· Strong communication and people skills
· Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
· Problem-solving skills
· Task Focused, Proactive and Disciplined with a sense of integrity
· Smart, well-groomed and confident with a professional attitude at all times
· Possessing a friendly, approachable personality
· Good observation and presentation skills.
· Understanding and knowledge of health and safety procedures
· Good communication skills and interpersonal relations.
· Good disposition, cheerful and welcoming.
· Have a professional approach to all routine tasks and displays a sense of responsibility at all times.
· Focused on the delivery of customer service to everybody in the premises.
· Excellent time management, interpersonal, organisational, adaptability and team building skills.
· Excellent IT and administrative skills.
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· Ability to work without direct supervision
· Pays attention to detail and works with a high degree of accuracy
· Highly organized and flexible
· Able to multitask
· Ability to use modern office equipment
· Age: Between 25-30 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send their sealed applications either hand delivered or via post to:
ACLAIM Africa Limited,
Plot M99 Nakasero Hill Lane,
P. O. Box 7202, Kampala, Uganda.
The completed applications should include a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae indicating three professional referees, two of whom should have been direct supervisors and Copies of Academic Certificates.
Deadline: 14th October, 2016 by 5 pm.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline