Job Title: Loans Officer (Several Entry Level Careers)
Duty Station: Uganda
Languages Spoken: Karamajong (Kotido, Moroto, Abim), Alur (Nebbi), Lukonzo (Bundibugyo, Kasese), Lugbara/ Maadi (Arua, Koboko), Japadhola (Tororo) and Ateso (Soroti, Kumi, Kaberamaido).
Reports to: Credit Manager
Job Summary: The Loans Officer will ensure credit appraisals and documentations, monitor payments of credit clients and also ensure loan/ payments recovery in order to minimize non-performing loans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· The incumbent will authenticate documentation presented for all credit applications and ensure they meet the Solar Now requirements and any other requirements.
· Ensure compliance with Solar Now’s Credit Policy, Procedures and service level agreements.
· Appraisal of Credit applications and make recommendations.
· Actively participate in Credit Committee to verify approval or rejection of applications.
· Manage portfolio to ensure good performance; clients pay on time.
· Ensure all applicants are advised on fate of applications within reasonable time.
· Proactively manage risk /exposure for assigned portfolio
· Ensure recovery of systems pledged as security on delinquent loans.
· Assist in the restructuring of debts in the interest of the Solar Now and customer.
· Manage customer and stakeholder relations in accordance with agreed Service Level Agreements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The applicants for the Loans Officer jobs must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Micro-finance OR it’s equivalent
· A minimum of four years working Experience in related field in a reputable organization
· The applicant must have work experience in one of these areas; Banking, Micro-finance, Solar, Small/ Micro- Lending sector.
· Flexible and ready to travel and work upcountry.
· A fit with SolarNow values
· Keen attention to detail
· Good analytical skills
· Excellent communication and reporting skills
· Able to work with minimum supervision
· Good team player
NB: Candidates without passion and energy need not to bother applying.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications to the Human Resource Manager, SolarNow Uganda Services via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including their updated CVs (no other documents).
Deadline: 7th October, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline