Job Title: Project Secretary and Administrator
Organization: Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports
Funding Source: World Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator (PC)
The Government of Uganda through Ministry of Education and Sports has received - a credit from the World Bank/ International Development Association (IDA) as support towards the implementation of skills development projects. These projects include; Albertine Region Sustainable Development Project (ARSDP) which covers Skills Access and Upgrade for Uganda Skills Development Project (USDP). Overall oversight and guidance of projects’ components implementation lies with the Ministry of Education and Sports coordinated and supported by a project coordination unit with a number of specialists already in place. The Government of Uganda also provides counterpart funding to support activities of these projects.
Job Summary: The Project Secretary and Administrator will co-ordinate and provide secretarial administrative support to the Coordinator and project teams.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing strategies to maintain proper records of project staff, equipment, furniture and other assets
- Designing mechanisms to manage efficiently and effectively meeting arrangements
- Formulating strategies to manage properly all forms of communications (emails, letters telephone calls etc) and correspondences related to projects and the department
- Developing strategies for proper and user friendly filing and document control system for recording and tracking of all documents for the project team and TVET related activities
- Manage formal correspondences, telephone calls, emails and other correspondence on behalf of the entire project team;
- Manage meetings including correspondence with potential partners; room bookings, coordinating catering requirements, preparing of logistics, typesetting of presentation material and supporting of presenters;
- Provide full secretarial and administrative support to the project team related activities to ensure the smooth running of the project operations
- Update and maintain records of project and assist in their movements internally and externally
- Maintain an inventory of project equipment, furniture and other assets and ensure their proper custody
- Take minutes of meeting and maintain records for the operations and project team and coordinate follow up action
- Develop and maintain document control systems for the efficient project management
- Maintain a proper and user friendly filing and document control system for recording, easy retrieval and tracking of all documents for the project related activities
- Assist the project team in daily administrative roles and assist to keep stock of stationary supplies for the projects
- Perform data-entry, recording, printing and filing duties
- Coordinate travel arrangements inclusive of air-ticketing, booking of hotel accommodation, visa arrangements, claims for any member of the project team;
- Offer support in checking and verification of staff claims and invoices for project team
- Prepare and raise purchases requisition for purchase of office equipments for new staff and replacement of old office equipment
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time by the Project Coordinator
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the World Bank Project Secretary and Administrator job placement should hold a Bachelors’ Degree in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Management or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of six years’ experience, three of which should have been in project secretarial, management/ administrative responsibilities with a reputable organization.
- Demonstrated experience of working on confidential matters
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Impeccable level of integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications to the following address;
Commissioner Human Resource Management,
Ministry of Education, Science, Technology and Sports,
4th Floor, Room 10,
P.O. Box 7063 Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 30th September 2016 by 17:00 Hrs
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline