Job Title: Program Specialist- M&E
Organization: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Grade Level: NOC
Reports to: Assistant Representative
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, and every young person's potential is fulfilled. UNFPA expands the possibilities for women and young people to lead healthy and productive lives. Since UNFPA started working in 1969, the number – and rate – of women dying from complications of pregnancy or childbirth has been halved. Families are smaller and healthier. Young people are more connected and empowered than ever before.
Job Summary: The Program Specialist- M&E will serve as the head of the Policy, Programme Coordination and Quality Assurance (PPCQA) Unit particularly providing technical leadership in Coordinating the Common and Country Programming Processes particularly with regard to policy, planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. The incumbent will also provide leadership for Quality Assurance (QA) of all UNFPA programmes including gender and human and rights. S/he will be instrumental in strengthening capacity of the Country Office staff in programming; especially in policy analysis, planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting. Further, s/he will play a pivotal role in managing partnerships and participating in National, Interagency Work and UNFPA Regional Office. The jobholder will also coordinate the efforts of the Country Office (C0) and provide technical support during development of national and regional frameworks/plans. S/he will guide the CO to ensure that Country Programmes (CPs)are in line with the national development priorities and the UNFPA Strategic Plan (SP), and comply with the Result-Based Management (RBM) principles. S/he will be instrumental in resource mobilization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and provide policy guidance in developing the National and District Development Frameworks (National Development Plans, Sector Plans and District Plans) and provide synthesized information on UNFPA Strategic Plan/CP focus areas for incorporation/integration in the national and district planning frameworks.
- The incumbent will coordinate CO participation in the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) development processes (from roadmap development, country analysis, strategic prioritization/planning, writing UNDAF narrative and developing M&E Framework) and provide synthesized information on UNFPA Strategic Plan focus areas for incorporation/integration in the UNDAFs.
- Coordinate and provide policy and technical guidance for the Development of the Country Programme; strengthen capacity of staff and partners in CP Programme development processes; and facilitate development of CP M&E framework.
- The incumbent will strengthen UNFPA staff and Implementing Partners (IPs) capacity in developing Annual Workplans (AWPs); and coordinate the review of the IP AWPs.
- Support CO Programme Analyst in monitoring implementation of CP activities and outputs/results and CP financial/logistic resource utilization rates.
- Support CO Program Analyst to provide programme oversight and monitor CO’s compliance with UNFPA’s rules and regulations (with emphasis on adherence to NEX requirements, OFA management principles and management audit observations).
- The incumbent will manage the development, monitoring and review of Office Management Plan (OMP) and Integrated Technical, Operational and Programmatic Support (ITOPS).
- Support CO Programme Analyst to facilitate CP/project reviews and evaluations.
- Support CO Programme Analyst to coordinate and provide technical guidance in preparing programme implementation reports (quarterly and annual); and preparation of UNDAF Annual Reports, Country Profiles, County Office Annual Report and other relevant reports as required.
- Support CO Program Analyst to facilitate capacity building of IPs (particularly on M&E and reporting); conducting periodic IP assessment; and continuously update IPs on UNFPA policies and guidelines.
- Actively participate in UN Joint M&E Technical Working Group (TWG); National/Sector Programme Development and M&E TWGs; Regional Office Programme Support Team; and other relevant TWGs as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UNFPA Program Specialist- M&E career opportunity should hold a Master’s degree in any one of the following: Statistics, Population Studies, Demography, or Public Health.
- Possession of a Post-graduate training in planning, management, monitoring and evaluation will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five to seven years of experience in a related field and/or research.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the UN system in general, and especially UNFPA mandate, its policies and operations and current development topics and political issues in Uganda will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer/information systems skills.
- Advocacy/Advancing a policy oriented agenda
- Results-based programme development and management
- Innovation and marketing of new approaches
- Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/Building strategic alliances and partners
- Resource mobilization
· Values: Integrity/Commitment to mandate, Knowledge sharing/Continuous learning, Valuing diversity, Respect for Human Rights.
· Managing Relationships: Working in teams, Communicating information and ideas, Conflict and self-management.
· Working with people: Empowerment/Developing people/Performance management.
· Personal Leadership and Effectiveness: Strategic and analytical thinking, Results orientation/Commitment to excellence, Appropriate and transparent decision making.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so desire to join the United Nations UNFPA in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send a cover letter and P11 Form, download here to email@example.com. Please clearly indicate position title in the subject of the email and include your full names.
NB: The complete applications should be less than 10MB.
Deadline: 23rd September 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline